iPhone 5 Lifeproof vs Otterbox Defender
iphonedreamer

Which one is better? This is the only video that I could find on YouTube that compares them both on the iPhone 5. Here is the video:

http://youtu.be/A7mA5CKhl4w

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: iPhone 5 Lifeproof vs Otterbox Defender
TomCat03
Contributor - Level 3

I have only owned Defenders and that fits for me. Looking at the comparison video, i think it's all about what you like. Otterbox is a little more bulky and bulkier overall but if I had the option I may switch to Lifeproof since it does added a little more protection from the elements. Now, I would never take my phone in the water even with a "waterproof" case. The couple negatives to the Lifeproof I see are, right now it's only available in all black or all white. so no color options. It is way more expensive and offers about the same protection.  I got my defender right after the i5 came out so it was about $47 on Amazon but now I think they all are down to around $25. If you want the satisfaction of knowing your phone is waterproof along with a little sleeker design then spend the extra $40-$50 for the Lifeproof. If not, Defender has done well for me since the 4 and I enjoy the color combos to choose from right now

0 Likes