iPhone 5 No Connectivity & Unable to Send/Receive Mail
junebuggnc

Is anyone else having connectivity issues?

I'm in NC, have an iPhone 5 if connecting via wifi I am unable to access the internet.  I receive the message "Safari cannot open the page because the server cannot be found."  I have tried multiple websites, same message.  I've attempted this on two different networks, same result.  If I turn off the wifi, I am connecting via LTE and again, the same message.

Email - If connected via LTE, I CAN send and receive email......  But if I connecting over wifi, I am receiving "Cannot Get Mail.  The mail server "imap.gmail.com" is not responding.  Verify that you have entered the correct account info in Mail settings."

I have made NO changes to any of my settings.  This starting last night around 8pm EST and is still continuing as of this morning 8am.  I have a wifi iPad2 that is functioning correctly.  Also, I checked checked my folks iPhone 4 and iPhone 4S both on Verizon and they are functioning correctly. 

So this is either an issue with the iPhone 5 on Verizon's network or just an iPhone 5 issue.

Helps????   Thoughts?????

Labels (1)
Tags (3)
0 Likes
Re: iPhone 5 No Connectivity & Unable to Send/Receive Mail
junebuggnc

I forgot to get the iOS software info.  I cannot access this on my phone whether I am connecting via LTE or wifi.  When I connect my iPhone to iTunes I receive the following "iTunes could not connect to the iPhone.  An unknown error occurred (0xE8000065).

So I am leaning towards this being an iPhone issue.

0 Likes
junebuggnc

Also, appears to be affecting iMessage.  I can send, but only as a text message, not iMessage and only over LTE, not wifi.  I cannot receive any text of any type.  They do show up on my iPad because the text was sent from an iPhone 4.

0 Likes
resiakeoj

I also am having the same issue. My iPhone has not updated since yesterday; no safari, no e-mails, etc.  

0 Likes
resiakeoj

Not sure if it is an iPhone issue or serve provider issue, VERIZON!

0 Likes
junebuggnc

@VZWSupport responded via Twitter to reset the network settings.  I read up on that before doing it and it was suggested to power off the phone.  I did that and it did resolve my issues.  Everything is working correctly, email, internet, texting and iTunes connection.

0 Likes