iPhone 5 Pre-Order Confirmation Charge?
inthequantum

Hey guys, I am really excited to get my iPhone 5 on the 21st as I ordered it 9 minutes into launch, the one thing that I saw that was interesting to me was that my billing address and shipping address show up differently in the confirmation email. The shipping address is 100% correct(thats the really important one) and the billing is the same minus my apartment number. I am thinking that they already authorized and checked that info during the purchase screen when pre-ordering so its not that big of a deal, just weird it showed up that way in the confirmation email. Now, since I hear those who have ordered from Apple and ATT have already seen charges on their credit cards for pre-ordering, I am curious if you guys have as well. I have not seen any charge on my credit card yet, so I am just trying to clear up and no worry that the billing information missing my apartment number is effecting the ability to charge my charge and send the phone. Any thoughts and input are welcome.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: iPhone 5 Pre-Order Confirmation Charge?
Covet
Enthusiast - Level 3

Verizon won't attempt to run the charge against your card until they ship the phone itself (or at least print the shipping label).

Not that much different from when I pre-order something from Amazon or Gamestop.  Until the shipping occurs there is no charge (although I was surprised Verizon didn't charge a buck just to make sure the number was valid).

View solution in original post

0 Likes
supremeruler

I was wondering the same thing; Verizon still hasn't charged me for the phone either. Also my shipping address and billing address are missing my apt # on my confirmation email, but during the set up when I was entering my info I clicked next and forgot I didn't add my apt # so when I clicked back, my address was in grey and I couldn't change it.

0 Likes
Covet
Enthusiast - Level 3

Verizon won't attempt to run the charge against your card until they ship the phone itself (or at least print the shipping label).

Not that much different from when I pre-order something from Amazon or Gamestop.  Until the shipping occurs there is no charge (although I was surprised Verizon didn't charge a buck just to make sure the number was valid).

0 Likes
inthequantum

I will keep everyone updated when they do charge my card to benchmark your experience, also, in response to you covet, I think Verizon already validated the card through their ordering process so they don't need to charge a cent like many companies do. Just my theory.

0 Likes
jeanW

I think that's right because I saw a strange valdation check on my credit card (just happened to be on the website the morning after I ordered) which has now disappeared.  I bet it was Verizon doing just the sort of pre-validation you describe.  My problem is that I can only check the update status about once in every 10 tries.  The other nine times it says I've got the wrong number which I don't as I'm using cut and paste.  Called Verizon last night and they really kn

0 Likes