iPhone 5 & Trouble Sending Photos in Texts
doughb

We are experiencing problems sending photos via text message on our new iPhone 5s. A message starts sending, the progress bar advances 40-60%, then the message fails and we get a "Not delivered" ! Message Send Failure notice. Trying again yields the same result. It happens with a strong (3-5 bar) signal. We've checked and re-checked all settings. SMS, MMS, LTE and cellular data are all enabled.  The photo/message will send successfully immediately after turning the phone off and then back on, but we shouldn't have to reboot our phones every time we want to send a text message. Can anyone help?

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: iPhone 5 & Trouble Sending Photos in Texts
doughb

I might also mention that it seems some SMS/MMS messages will not arrive until the phone connects to WiFi. iMessage and Face Time are turned off. A message sent this morning at 7 a.m. didn't arrive on my phone until 1 p.m. when I connected to the office WiFi (although I was connected to WiFi at home this morning). Other messages won't be delivered until we arrive home and connect to WiFi. It's very frustrating to get a message from someone hours after they've sent it. I do wonder whether connecting to WiFi is coincidental, as we're actually arriving at a different location, and possibly connecting to a different cell tower. I'm not sure this would explain why sending fails, though...

0 Likes
Re: iPhone 5 & Trouble Sending Photos in Texts
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

doughb,

What a peculiar situation. But, it's nothing we can't handle. Now, it's fantastic to know that your signal strength is high and all your settings are enabled. Additionally, no need to worry about the availability of Wi-Fi has picture messages transmit only over our network. What I would like to recommend is clearing your text message inbox. Then tap the home button twice > at the bottom of your screen you'll see a new area open where you can scroll open apps > find the messaging app > hold it down until it starts shaking > select the force close option that will appear > restart your phone > then when you're not on Wi-Fi, send a picture message to yourself. Please share results.

EvanO_VZW

Follow us on twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes