iPhone 5 Upgrade Question
wxologist

Hi everyone...almost two years ago like many Verizon customers...I waited and upgrade to the iPhone 4 when it came out...which would make my upgrade date 7 October 2012.  The iPhone 5 is slated to come out 21 September.  What are the chances Verizon is going to let those possibly millions of customers upgrade a little over 2 weeks early?  Thoughts?

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: iPhone 5 Upgrade Question
WickedDontSleep
Enthusiast - Level 1

You're eligible to upgrade 20 months after your last device ugrade with a two year contract. So, if you bought a device on October 7, 2010, you would be eligible June 7th, 2012.  You can always check online or call customer care to verify your upgrade date.  As for upgrading early like Verizon did with the 4S, the difference there is it was basically the same device and not quite a year since the 4 came out.  So it was a different scenario. And to answer BDA, it is true that Verizon cannot and will not do early upgrades on any Apple products and usually won't on newly released devices.  Apple and Verizon have an agreement not to subsidize their products, which benefits both companies.  Have you ever known Apple to offer a BOGO, or significantly reduce prices on their devices in general?  Not really...

View solution in original post

0 Likes
mdram4x4
Champion - Level 1

no chance

you will have to wait

why do iphone wanteres always ask this?

look back when the 4 was released at all the "can i upgrade early for the iphone" posts

0 Likes
wxologist

Once you taste the kool-aid it's hard to not want more.

Verizon did this for the iPhone 4S I believe...so I was curious if anyone had heard anything.

0 Likes
mdram4x4
Champion - Level 1

actually, once you get the monkey off your back, you wonder why you were so addicted to begin with Smiley Happy

0 Likes
wxologist

🙂

0 Likes
BDA
Contributor - Level 1

I'm waiting to upgrade from Android to iPhone, 3 weeks left, I talked to Verizon about upgrading early and they said no problem, unless its an iPhone or a Galaxy SIII. So I am still waiting. They said something about the way Apple subsidizes it does not allow early upgrades. But I don't know if that is true or not, either way I'm still waiting since my Dinc 2 got screwed up by the latest update in June......

rcschnoor
Legend

Verizon did not allow early upgrades for the iPhone 4 OR 4S

0 Likes
WickedDontSleep
Enthusiast - Level 1

You're eligible to upgrade 20 months after your last device ugrade with a two year contract. So, if you bought a device on October 7, 2010, you would be eligible June 7th, 2012.  You can always check online or call customer care to verify your upgrade date.  As for upgrading early like Verizon did with the 4S, the difference there is it was basically the same device and not quite a year since the 4 came out.  So it was a different scenario. And to answer BDA, it is true that Verizon cannot and will not do early upgrades on any Apple products and usually won't on newly released devices.  Apple and Verizon have an agreement not to subsidize their products, which benefits both companies.  Have you ever known Apple to offer a BOGO, or significantly reduce prices on their devices in general?  Not really...

0 Likes
Joelpro

In the same boat.  If VZW doesn't allow this I'm going to be ticked. Long time customer who waited patiently for the iPhone 4 to come to VZW and got it on release day.  Apple will be on a multiple week wait by the time Oct 7 rolls around.

0 Likes
Spiral
Master - Level 1

Joelpro wrote:

In the same boat.  If VZW doesn't allow this I'm going to be ticked. Long time customer who waited patiently for the iPhone 4 to come to VZW and got it on release day.  Apple will be on a multiple week wait by the time Oct 7 rolls around.

Then you should be upset with Apple, after all they are the company that controls both the release date AND the upgrade terms.