iPhone 5- Verizon rep said NO phones will be shipped before 9/21...?
kinsaul

So, after my order kept saying 'does not exist' I called verizon... was on hold for 30 minutes and finally get a representative on the phone which I told the following to:
I ordered my phone at 2:04am CST on 9/14, I immediately received a confirmation email with my order number.

When I go to "Check your Order Status" and enter my order number and last name, it says this order does not exist.

She informed me the order will not show on the order status page until it has shipped and it will not ship until 9/21. I questioned why my email said DELIVER BY: 9/21, and she said that is wrong... The release date is the 21st and no phones can be shipped until they are released. Has anyone else talked to hopefully a more competent representative who has told them something different??

Also, is anyone else seeing the "Order does not exist" message?  Everything online is saying later orders will be shipped later, but I ordered mine early.... Any insight would be greatly appreciated!

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: iPhone 5- Verizon rep said NO phones will be shipped before 9/21...?
iDroid
Contributor - Level 3

It will ship either the 19th or 20th depending on your location with 2day or overnight shipping and be in your hands on the 21 (launch date) Verizon reps don't know anything I have pre ordered the 4, 4S and 5 and always get the phone on launch day.

0 Likes
cubzwinn
Enthusiast - Level 3

The customer rep that I spoke to gave me information consistent with iDroid's experience.  

0 Likes
QWQ512
Enthusiast - Level 3

Yea listen to experience customers that have gone through this pre order process before like iDroid and don't listen to the know nothing reps.

0 Likes
GRIZZZ
Enthusiast - Level 2

Yea they are full of it. if you ordered within the first our of pre order launch then your going to get it by the 21st. the rep i talked to last night said i could get it thursday or even wednesday.

iDroid
Contributor - Level 3

Thanks for your kind words I just speak from experience just wait this week these boards are going to get crazy lol

0 Likes
QWQ512
Enthusiast - Level 3

No problem thanks for helping us out and yea you can count things are going to get worse especially with these lying verizon reps.

0 Likes
Dillinger
Enthusiast - Level 2

Look at your Email confirmation...It should read something like:

Preorder Confirmation: ************

Order Number: ********

Order Location: *******

Deliver By: 09/21/2012
0 Likes
ckizz
Enthusiast - Level 3

Yeah. Don't listen to the CSR. You got one that had no idea what he/she was talking about. Deliver by the 21st means delivered by the 21st. They'll ship middle of the week and may even get to you early.

(Source: I've done this whole square dance before, with the 4 and the new iPad.)

0 Likes
jojo122488
Enthusiast - Level 3

I spoke with a Verizon CSR this morning (Business Center CSR) and they stated that if you are in the first shipment you could possibly get it before the 21st but definitely on the 21st. But again the majority of the time CSR do not know when the phones are coming and you usually will get 10 different answers, so hang tight. if you want further clarification, i highly suggest heading to twitter and tweeting @vzwsupport they offered a lot of help when i first placed my order.

0 Likes