iPhone 5 and Ford Sync
Mxgirl61

I have a 2011 Ford equipped with Ford Sync.  Recently my iPhone 5 has been unable to pair with my Bluetooth in the car.  All of my updates are current on both the phone and the vehicle.  Ford is saying it is a Verizon issue.  Any idea if verizon is working on a fix for this issue or anyone else experiencing this problem?

Labels (1)
Tags (1)
0 Likes
Re: iPhone 5 and Ford Sync
kaebfly
Champion - Level 3

I think it's more of an Apple issue versus a Verizon one. A lot of people are having bluetooth connection issues when they previously did not. I am now a part of that group. My iPhone 5 paired perfectly with my vehicle bluetooth system from Sept until a few weeks ago. Went through a series of troubleshooting with Apple over the phone and was finally told that they believe it is a hardware failure and they offered to send a replacement device. I'm not sure if the issue is a hardware failure or if there is some sort of software/firmware issue. Was your iPhone pairing with your Sync system before now? You can try contacting Apple to see if they can figure your issue. If you didn't get AppleCare and are past the 90 day tech support timeframe you can request an exception when going through the process via their website. If your issue qualifies they will waive the fee they would usually charge you for one time support services (this is assuming that you don't have access to an Apple store). You might also want to eliminate there just being an issue with the Sync system by seeing if your iPhone will pair with any other bluetooth devices.

0 Likes