iPhone 5 compatibility with Nissan Altimas
SUSSTE10

Wondering if anyone has heard of iPhone 5 owners having problems with their phones working properly when using their car to make phone calls in a Nissan Altima. My phone pairs properly, my phone book loads properly but when I make a call, for example, "Call John Doe", I get a reply, "Command not recognized." Yet, if I say, "Call 123-456-7890", the call goes through and my car phone system says, "Calling John Doe." My Nissan dealer says it's my phone since they are able to get an iPhone 6s, a Samsung and a Droid phone to work properly. Every iPhone I've tried - iPhone 5s and 6 - all using Verizon doesn't work. I don't think it's the phone. I think it's Nissan but they say it's my problem, not theirs.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: iPhone 5 compatibility with Nissan Altimas
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We certainly want your phone to play nice with your car, SUSSTE10. Let's get some more information and explore ways to resolve. What iOS version is installed on your phone? Has this phone ever worked as intended with your car? Any physical/water damage to the phone?

AntonioC_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the "Correct Answer" button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
SUSSTE10

I have version 10.1.1. It loads all my contacts correctly but has never worked properly beyond pairing up my phone to my car. It will not make a call when instructed by me. It does not have any water or physical damage.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Susste10 With today's laws we understand wanting to have hands free cellular service. Have you tried to use the phone in another car? If so what happened? Have you tried to sync a different phone with your car?

DeloresK_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
SUSSTE10

I have not tried my phone in another car.  But I did try my daughter's iPhone 5S who does not use Verizon and her phone worked just fine.  I bought an iPhone 7 this week thinking it must have been my phone.  Unfortunately, it does not work either. I do not understand why the only phones that do not work are those that use Verizon and every one who has tried their phone at the Nissan Dealership in the shop that does not use Verizon works just fine.  The have tried  iPhones, Samsung and Droid.

0 Likes