Re: iPhone 5 delivery
p_consumer

MichelleG_VZW

I feel like Iʻve been given little to no help.  From calling customer service to emailing Verizon.  Following my filing of my claim (<Deleted>) I received no word from Verizon.  Its been 2 weeks with 10 working days and Verizon did not contact me once. I was told that I needed to wait 5-10 business days before an investigation was completed.  I was also told that FedEx confirmed that the weight was the same weight it was when Verizon sent it.  As if to imply that I lied and stole the phones myself.  I have the box with the empty phone boxes - the same state in which I got it.   I continued to email via your on-line support and you are the only response I received.  Iʻve called to check on the status a couple more times only to have the reps refer me to FedEx.  FedEx said that Verizon needs to make the claim with them for reimbursement. 

Then the last Verizon representative I called told me via telephone this past Monday that she would order me new phones and help reckon my original order disaster.  She sent me a new bill for $2100.00 for three new phones and told me not to worry and that she would personally call me the next day and reckon my original order of a little more than $800 and the replacement order of a so called temporary $2100.00 cost.  I waited all day Tuesday and today is Saturday and I still havenʻt received a call. In short, I paid for the first three phones that were stolen, Verizon already received payment and now a new charge of $2100.00 for three replacement phones.  I donʻt know whatʻs going on.

I work directly for our stateʻs Governorʻs Office and Iʻm ready to go to the local media and have an action report done on  the awful service Verizon has given me.  Iʻm a long time customer and am frustrated to say the least.  I left Sprint for Verizon because I thought Verizon had better customer support.

Please help me resolve this issue and quickly.  If I have to wait until 10/26 for a new order of phones thatʻa fine.  But Iʻm not willing to pay any more than the original amount that I already paid.  I just want this disaster rectified.

My contact # is <Deleted> and you can call me 24/7.  Again my case <Deleted> related to FedEx case<Deleted>

<Personal information removed per the .>

Message was edited by: Verizon Moderator

0 Likes
Keystone20045

p_consumer,

I am right there with you unfortunately.  My order was delivered on Tuesday with the my two iphone 5s stolen as well. Box had been compromised, phones stolen (left my otterbox in the box though so that was nice of the thieves) and then re-taped with a completely different packing tape. So far, case has been filed with fedex and supposedly fedex and Verizon and exchanging paperwork but no word yet.

Glad to see that I am not alone and this is probably a growing problem it seems along the Fedex delivery chain.

I am long time customer as well and also used to work for Verizon wireless for a long time. Sold phones for many years and also managed a retail location here in Richmond. 

kk

0 Likes
Taxinjazz

I am another long time Verizon customers that has had an iPhone 4s stolen by Fed Ex. Empty box was delivered to my door, with extra tape on the bottom of the box where it had been reclosed.  Verizon did send me a new phone but am now being charged for both phones. I have called about the charge but Verizon refuses to take the extra charge off my bill, even though they say the stolen phone was activated days before it was delivered to me clearly showing I never had the phone. Why does Verizon continue to treat their long time, loyal customers this way? I love my cell phone service, but dealing with anything else is, more than not, a nightmare.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Taxinjazz,

Good thing this VZW sleuth is on the job and ready to crack this case. After all, I know we're not talking about pocket change here. First, may I ask if you filed a claim with FedEx? And although we did advise that we would be unable to take any extra charges off of your bill regarding this situation, we want to make sure we explore all outlets to resolving matters given that we truly do value you as a customer.

Evan_VZW
Please follow us on twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
Taxinjazz

Thank you for responding. I am working with Verizon on this matter. I posted here because I think customers need to be careful when ordering expensive items that are sent to their homes. Also I think Verizon needs to have a safer way of getting equipment to their customers so they do not have to deal with his type of situation.

Sent from my iPad

0 Likes