iPhone 5 disappointment
LeeSmith

I have never been disappointed with an apple product until I got an iPhone 5. From the beginning it has been a constant battery issue.  I purchased a Mophie battery case and still didn't get much improvement.  On Saturday I chatted with a Verizon customer service person for 15-20 minutes and she suggested I call the 1-800 to have my phone troubleshooted.  Since I had to use the other phone on my account, I had to wait until it was available.  Saturday night I spent several hours with a customer service person and I tried every suggestion with no result.  I was thankful that the other phone on my account is a Samsung S4 or I wouldn't have been able to stay on the line that long without my iPhone being dead.  She suggested a replacement phone.  It arrived yesterday.  I was told this replacement phone was a certified phone.  I followed the instructions included to activate the phone.  I had backed up phone #1 with icloud, my preference.  The new phone wouldn't accept the backup b/c phone #2 didn't have ios 7.04.  Easy fix, right?  No.  Again, using the Samsung phone I phoned the 1-800 number. The call started with a tier 1 rep, transferred to a tier 2 rep, and then to Apple. After 2 hours and 5 minutes, my phone was working.  Again, glad we had a samsung to make the call, or it wouldn't have lasted.  There are not words to describe the frustration.  I am so disappointed with the product and with the amount of time I spent working to correct an obvious flaw in the product and with the training given to the customer service reps.  All of them were polite and professional and  I cannot blame them for the product issue.  For $220 I can get out of my contract (having been  a customer since 2000 with a perfect payment record). It almost seems worth it to break up with this iPhone. 

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: iPhone 5 disappointment
Not applicable

I can tell you your battery drain issue is with Apple and not Verizon Wireless.

My new iPhone 5s drains a little quicker than my other iPhone 4 but it is working OK.

Apple releases OS updates to bolster battery life, you might like to read the community help forums at http://www.apple.com since I strongly believe exchanging the device is a bad idea. Verizon does as a rule replace the devices with second hand previously returned crap. Yes I know they are new devices, but if they have a refurbished device available that is what they send. Most times the replacement device has worse problems than the device replaced.

Good Luck

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

LeeSmith, I am sorry to hear all the troubles you have been dealing with. I know that it can become very frustrating very quick. I know you stated that we did send out a replacement device. Is this device battery working any better for you compared to the first iPhone 5? How long would you say the battery would last on a full charge? I would love to hear back from you.

KevinR_VZW

Please follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
LeeSmith

The new phone is doing ok. After much time researching iphones, evidently,

it is a common problem. Really needs to be adressed by Apple. I will

Not get another one, ever. It is very frustrating to pay for services that

I can't use bc of battery issues. On the average, the other battery lasted

about 2 hours. Thanks for asking.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

LeeSmith,

I am glad to hear that the new device is working better. We certainly want you to always have a working phone. As a consumer myself, I know how frustrating it can be when a phone is not working properly. Feel free to let us know if you have any other issues. We are here for your assistance.

Thank you,

TonyG_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport 

0 Likes