Skip to main content
Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
Get up to $500 when you bring your phone. Plus, get the incredible iPhone 13 Pro on us. Online only. With select 5G Unlimited plans. Ends 12.5. Buy now
end of navigation menu
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
***Announcement: Early next week, we’ll be merging the current Fios and Wireless Communities into the all new Verizon Community! Beginning the evening of Sunday 12/4, both Communities will be placed in read-only mode. You’ll still be able to visit the Communities and browse content, but login will be disabled. On the afternoon of Monday 12/5, all users will be able to log into the new Verizon Community. We expect the new Community to be fully functional the morning of Friday 12/9. Additional details can be found in the Announcements board and under Featured Topics!
iPhone 5 disappointment
LeeSmith

I have never been disappointed with an apple product until I got an iPhone 5. From the beginning it has been a constant battery issue.  I purchased a Mophie battery case and still didn't get much improvement.  On Saturday I chatted with a Verizon customer service person for 15-20 minutes and she suggested I call the 1-800 to have my phone troubleshooted.  Since I had to use the other phone on my account, I had to wait until it was available.  Saturday night I spent several hours with a customer service person and I tried every suggestion with no result.  I was thankful that the other phone on my account is a Samsung S4 or I wouldn't have been able to stay on the line that long without my iPhone being dead.  She suggested a replacement phone.  It arrived yesterday.  I was told this replacement phone was a certified phone.  I followed the instructions included to activate the phone.  I had backed up phone #1 with icloud, my preference.  The new phone wouldn't accept the backup b/c phone #2 didn't have ios 7.04.  Easy fix, right?  No.  Again, using the Samsung phone I phoned the 1-800 number. The call started with a tier 1 rep, transferred to a tier 2 rep, and then to Apple. After 2 hours and 5 minutes, my phone was working.  Again, glad we had a samsung to make the call, or it wouldn't have lasted.  There are not words to describe the frustration.  I am so disappointed with the product and with the amount of time I spent working to correct an obvious flaw in the product and with the training given to the customer service reps.  All of them were polite and professional and  I cannot blame them for the product issue.  For $220 I can get out of my contract (having been  a customer since 2000 with a perfect payment record). It almost seems worth it to break up with this iPhone. 

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: iPhone 5 disappointment
Not applicable

I can tell you your battery drain issue is with Apple and not Verizon Wireless.

My new iPhone 5s drains a little quicker than my other iPhone 4 but it is working OK.

Apple releases OS updates to bolster battery life, you might like to read the community help forums at http://www.apple.com since I strongly believe exchanging the device is a bad idea. Verizon does as a rule replace the devices with second hand previously returned crap. Yes I know they are new devices, but if they have a refurbished device available that is what they send. Most times the replacement device has worse problems than the device replaced.

Good Luck

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Support

LeeSmith, I am sorry to hear all the troubles you have been dealing with. I know that it can become very frustrating very quick. I know you stated that we did send out a replacement device. Is this device battery working any better for you compared to the first iPhone 5? How long would you say the battery would last on a full charge? I would love to hear back from you.

KevinR_VZW

Please follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
LeeSmith

The new phone is doing ok. After much time researching iphones, evidently,

it is a common problem. Really needs to be adressed by Apple. I will

Not get another one, ever. It is very frustrating to pay for services that

I can't use bc of battery issues. On the average, the other battery lasted

about 2 hours. Thanks for asking.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Support

LeeSmith,

I am glad to hear that the new device is working better. We certainly want you to always have a working phone. As a consumer myself, I know how frustrating it can be when a phone is not working properly. Feel free to let us know if you have any other issues. We are here for your assistance.

Thank you,

TonyG_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport 

0 Likes