iPhone 5 going straight to voicemail - not receiving calls
DavidB1

I'm currently on my second iPhone 5 experiencing the same problems prior to replacement.   I am not receiving calls.  My phone is going straight to voicemail, with absolutely no notification of missed calls either.   This happens about 90% of the time.   Especially after my phone has been inactive for a while.      I am an independent contractor, and I use my phone as part of my business.  So you can imagine how frustrated I am.

My iPhone 5 was just over a month old before I noticed problems.   A Tier 2 representative noticed my phone was "inactive" after a while of it being asleep.  Meaning, after put to sleep the Verizon service basically was unplugged form the phone; thus sending it directly to voicemail.   The technician was under the impression that it was a problem with the phone.   She kindly overnighted me a verizon like new certified device.   Well guess what.   SAME THING HAPPENING.   An entirely different phone!   How is this possible verizon?   How much time of mine do I have to waste to have someone diagnose this problem.   I've been a verizon customer, and iphone customer for years!   I've never had an issue until this.

One thought:

I upgraded from the iPhone 4, to the iPhone 5.   The iPhone 5 has a sim card, while the 4 did not.  Is there a chance that the sim card is corrupt?   Or is this an LTE issue like everyone else is stating.   Please keep me posted.

Thanks

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: iPhone 5 going straight to voicemail - not receiving calls
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

I would try a new SIM card before replacing the phone.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
DavidB1

Thanks for the response.   Keep in mind though, I'm not the technician.   When a "Tier 2" tech tells me I need a new phone,  I nod and say, "okay".   Assuming that they are a "Tier 2" tech for a reason.  No one said anything about the sim.   It's just what I came to the conclusion of after it stopped working again.

0 Likes
smiles1961

You should go to Settings>Do not disturb and make sure it is on manual and accepts call form everyone.  These settings apply to your phone when locked (most of the time due to power saving) and  explain why most calls go to voicemail and are silent.

0 Likes