iPhone 5 is not activating.
ziggy0320

Hi,

I am having a bit of a problem.

I received my Verizon iPhone 5 in the mail today (from Apple.com).

I switched my number from a different carrier.

I can call/send text messages, but I cannot receive any calls nor can I receive texts from anyone other than Verizon (the account setup).

What do I do for the phone to work?

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: iPhone 5 is not activating.
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

Have you turned off and removed the battery (if possible) from the device your phone number was previously attached to? It sounds like the port of your phone number from the old carrier to Verizon Wireless isn't fully complete yet. It can sometimes take 24 hours to transfer a number during the porting process.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
ziggy0320

I will have to go 24 hours without a phone? There is no say, online activation or something?

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

The 4G LTE  SIM card is going through the activation process already. So there is no need for going through an online activation unless you haven't activated through iTunes yet.

You can try calling customer service from another phone at 1-800-922-0204 and ask them to verify the port has been completed or not.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes