iPhone 5 "Searching...." for service...when I should have LTE
MattyB4x4

This has been happening occasionally to my phone.  I am in an area where I should have full coverage, LTE.  However, my phone is just searching for service.

I have tried powering it off, powering it on, turning on airplane mode, switching to airplane mode and back, to no avail.  I have no had service in about 4 hrs and have done each of the previously mentioned "fixes" about a dozen times each.

I cannot do a hard reset because my screen lock button hasn't worked in some time.  It's literally taking everything in me to not smash this thing on the ground.

PLEASE HELP!

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: iPhone 5 "Searching...." for service...when I should have LTE
MattyB4x4

Well, here we are....about 6 hrs later.

The phone just decided to start working.  Luckily I was in the office and could use my land line.

This has happened before for short periods of time (20-30 mins), but 6 hrs is unacceptable.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Let's get you back up and running MattyB4x4. I appreciate all the troubleshooting steps you have already tried. I want to ensure there are no reported issues in your area. What zip code are you in? I would also like you to reset your network settings by tapping settings>genera>reset>reset network settings. Once you have done this, please power off your phone and power back on. Keep us updated if his has improved your service.

Thank You,
MichelleL_VZW
VZW Support
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSUPPORT

0 Likes
Nanegge

Just want to let people know that this is still an issue. I'm on vacation in Myrtle Beach and when I got off the airplane after having my phone shut off I turned it on to the searching signal as well. We went directly from the airport to a Verizon store and three hours later found out that they were unable to resolve the issue and I have to get a new phone. If you Google it, this issue started popping up as early as 2010, so why is it still a problem in 2014? Did we not figure out what was causing this problem?

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

I'm sorry to learn of this being an issue still Nanegge! Let's try to reset network settings http://vz.to/OPvlTr and keep us posted.

AntonioC_VZW Follow us on Twitter at www.twitter.com/VZWSupport