iPhone 5 shipped early
tduval75
Enthusiast - Level 2

Ordered my iphone 5 from Verizon's website on Sept 25th.  Received confirmation email that same day stating my estimated ship date was October 19th.  My debit card was not charged. Received an e-mail today stating my phone had shipped, card was charged and the delivery date is October 9th.

My wife also ordered one yesterday but it was through Apple's site so I'll be curious to see if hers ships early.  Her estimated delivery date is Nov 5th.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: iPhone 5 shipped early
jacey05

Hi there.  I'm curious if the early delivery has anything to do with your location.  I saw another poster who said he ordered on 9/22 and also received a ship by date of 10/19, but like you, received a shipping confirmation today with an expected delivery date of 10/9.  He said he didn't know if it matters or not, but he lives in Central Illinois. 

I ordered (and paid - the charge cleared my account the next day) in store on 9/24 with an expected ship date of 10/19.  I checked a few minutes ago and I'm still seeing the 10/19 ship date.  I just wonder what/how factors determine those who are receiving notification of an earlier ship date.  I'm in TN. 

0 Likes
bbergin76

I ordered mine online September 15th. I had a delivery date of 10/5. My card was charged 9/27 and my phone was delivered 9/28, a whole week early.

I am a new Verizon customer and I live in the Chicago area.

0 Likes
jacey05

Very cool that your phone shipped early and welcome to Verizon Smiley Happy.  I'm hoping mine may do the same, especially since I actually paid for it almost 2 weeks ago.  I've seen that most people aren't being charged until their phone is shipped, but as I said, I paid for mine the same day I ordered it in the store.  I've been with Verizon for almost 12 years now. 

0 Likes
khareldn

They are so unpredictable. I ordered on 19th of September with expected delivery date (as in order conformation) of Oct 5. On October 5, I got an email saying that it can not be delivered in the expected date. They didn't send another email yet. So I have no idea when they will ship. As always, when I called the customer service, they had no idea even about the email. I live in Michigan. I hate those emails when they start with congratulations and end up saying they regret to inform me something!

I hope I will get that by this Friday.

Screen Shot 2012-10-07 at 9.25.25 PM.png

0 Likes
bagwell05

I ordered mine on September 19th and was given an est. date of 10/5.  On 10/5 I got the exact same email as you did and as of today, the 8th, still have not received an updated ship date.  I would just like to know when I might get it.  The email is so open ended with no reference to when you should even see the email confirming the new date.  I would rather hear it will be another two weeks than NO date at all.  This will be my first iPhone.  So far my impression is less than impressed considering I paid $249 in total for something I have NO clue when I will even see. 

0 Likes
khareldn

When I called customer service (more than once because most representative don't know what's going on), they implied that it will probably ship by 12th. They also said that the delay was because of the shortage of white iPhone 5. Did you order white too?

0 Likes
MariaPerez1213
Enthusiast - Level 2

So i ordered mine the 21st of september and all i got was the order confirmation but yet to recieve my iphone whats with the delay? and i live in california.

0 Likes
khareldn

Finally mine (ordered on 19th of Sep.) got shipped on 8th of Oct. Yours is probably in the process.

0 Likes
MariaPerez1213
Enthusiast - Level 2

So would it be here by this week or the 19th cause thats the day of the ship

0 Likes