iPhone 5 - sim failure
slccmr

I keep getting a "sim failure" message on my iphone 5. To fix I must turn the phone off completely and then back on, but only works for somewhere between a several minutes and a several hours. In the meantime I miss calls, and since I use the phone as my main business line this is a BIG problem.  I have taken the phone back to the Verizon where I purchased it and they replaced the sim card (3 times now), but it is not a permanent fix and on this last return they wanted to charge me $10.  Why?   What should I do?

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: iPhone 5 - sim failure
bigglezworth

I don't have an answer for you, but I have been having the same issue for the past 2 days.  I have an iphone 5 that is a little over a year old.  I have had zero issues until now.  I get either "sim failure" or "no sim found".  The only thing that works is restarting the phone. It seems to be happening with greater frequency.

0 Likes
Not applicable

Just go into the Verizon Corporate store and they will exchange it for a new sim card.

You can also call 1-800-922-0204 or *611 and ask them to mail you one. They are free.

Good Luck

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

bigglezworth,

I am sorry to hear you are having issues with your iPhone. We do not want you to have to power cycle your phone constantly to be able to use it. Did you have a chance to get your SIM replaced? If not, please private message me so we can get you a new SIM sent out.

LindseyT_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes