iPhone 5 visual voicemail issues
lzzchic14

Hello,

I recently changed my cellular number, since I have moved to a new state and wanted to have a local number.  Ever since the number change, the visual voicemail on my iPhone does not work.  If I am in the phone app, and tap on voicemail, it automaticall dials the voicemail number.  This worked perfectly before the number change, and I even checked my VMs about 10 minutes before the change took effect, just to be sure I wasn't going to miss some important email.

I did take my phone in to the Verizon store, but they were not able to fix it.  We spoke to technical support, who had the person at the store switch out the SIM card, which also did not help.  I have changed the VM pin, reset the network settings, completely reset the phone...nothing is helping.  She also reset some settings on the backend while on the phoen with technical support.  She told me that she was opening a trouble ticket, but I haven't heard anything about this.

Now, I am not even getting any sort of notification at all when I get a voicemail.  This worries me.  Can anyone help?  Is this an Apple issue that I should be contacting them about?  It's just that it did not start being an issue AT ALL, until the number change, so I figured it had more to do with that and less to do with something wrong with the phone.  Thanks!

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: iPhone 5 visual voicemail issues
rcschnoor
Legend

It also sounds to me as if it is more a problem with changing the phone # than with the phone, too.

Let me guess, when you "completely reset" the phone, you then restored it from a backup either from the cloud or on your computer rather than set it up as a new phone? It sounds as if the number associated with VVM may have been restored from your backup when you restored the phone rather than using the new number. When resetting a phone, I don't really consider it being "completely reset" if you then go ahead and load saved settings from a restore file which may have been the root of the problem in the first place.

I would try resetting the phone and setting it up as a new phone instead of restoring it from a backup. Just an idea.

0 Likes
lzzchic14

I just tried that....it still didn't work Smiley Sad

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

When you change your number, you should have to setup the voicemail again for the new number. Has that been done or will it let you set it up for the new number?

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
lzzchic14

It did not promt me to set anything up again, just to change the password for my voicemail.  I did that, more than once now.  I am still getting voicemails, I just get no notification of them anymore.  This is so frustrating!

0 Likes
rcschnoor
Legend

Have you checked your settings to see if notifications has somehow been turned off for VVM?

0 Likes
lzzchic14

I don't see VVM in my notifications center...but notificaitons is turned on for phone...

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hello LzzChic14

Thanks for all the troubleshooting you've done. I have sent you a follow request here in the forum. Please access https://community.verizonwireless.com/actions to accept my request and follow me back so you can send me a private message with your name and mobile number. We'll take a closer look at all the work you've already done.

Thank you
JoeL_VZW

Please follow us on Twitter @vzwsupport

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

You should definitely be getting all your messages, as well as notifications lzzchic14. I'm sorry you're having such a problem since changing your mobile number. When was the Resolution Ticket filed? I can certainly look into this to get it resolved. Please accept my Follow, Follow me back, and then send me a Direct Message with your 10-digit mobile number, the full name on account, and I will look into the ticket, as well as how we can get this fixed as soon as possible. I look forward to your response.

Thank you,
VanessaS_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
EricG561

VZW Support,

I am experienceing the exact same issue with a recent phone number change for my iPhone 5.  I've also tried the reset, etc mentioned above without any luck.  If you were able to find a fix for LzzChic then I'd appreciate some assistance as well.

Thanks,

Eric

0 Likes