Re: iPhone 5 visual voicemail issues
SheppardS

And I am experienceing the exact same issue as Izzchic14 with a recent phone number change for my iPhone 5. I've tried the reset, etc mentioned above without any luck in restoring my visual voice mail. Any suggestions would be extremely helpful, as I'm not even seeing a notification after receiving voice mails. Thanks!

-Stan

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

rcschnoor, thanks for helping us support lzzchic14 with this visual voice mail issue. When hard resetting the iPhone device, I apologize that the messages saved in Visual Voice mail will be automatically deleted since you are unable to save voice mail messages in iCloud.

LasinaH_VZW
VZW Support
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Ann154, change should energize you to set your voice mail greeting up again too. But, it's not mandatory that you do this. A mobile number change is updated on our network. However, your voice mail feature will not require a new setup. For more information and details regarding this featue, click http://vz.to/1f2S7i3

LasinaH_VZW
VZW Support

0 Likes
iPhone 5 visual voicemail issues
lzzchic14

Thanks for all the help everyone.  I thought that I had direct messaged vanessas_vzw a couple of days ago...but I haven't heard anything and I'm not sure how to know if it went through?  I'm still having the same issue with my VM...kind of wishing I hadn't changed my phone number now.

0 Likes
rcschnoor
Legend

Did you send a follow request to and has she accepted it? Did she send you a follow request and did you accept it? Until BOTH of those things have been completed, you would not be able to send a DM.

When I click on YOUR profile, it shows that 1 person is following you, however you are not following anyone, so you would not currently be able to send a DM to anyone.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

@EricG561

I so sorry you are experiencing the same!  Let's ensure your Visual Voice Mail notifications are working again.

I would like to look further into this for you.  Just follow me here (AnthonyTa_VZW) and send me a Direct Message including your name and wireless number.  Thanks!

AnthonyTa_VZW

0 Likes
EricG561

Thanks for the offer, I actually called tech support yesterday and they fixed it. The provisions had to be reset due to the new number being assigned.

Thanks,

Eric

Sent from my iPhone

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Have no fear, Verizon is here! I can help with your voice mail SheppardS! May I ask are you able to access your voice mail using *86. IF you are successful in accessing your voice mail this way then I would suggest setting the device up as new. If that doesn't work then please send me a private message with your full name, mobile number, and a 2-3 sentence summary of the issue so we can assist.

Thank you...

ArnettH_VZW

0 Likes
lzzchic14

I thought I sent one to her...it says "awaiting approval" when I click on her name.  I wish someone could help me....still having the same problems.  I don't think there is anything else that I can do.  I really hope that I can get my phone to AT LEAST tell me when I have a voicemail - otherwise I'm going to miss important calls.  I don't understand why changing your phone number would do this.  If I would have known this would happen, I would have just kept my old number.

0 Likes
SheppardS

I called Verizon support Friday and they fixed the issue for me. Make sure you call from a landline so they can re-boot your iPhone (or whatever they have to do).

Sent from my iPad

0 Likes