Re: iPhone 5 visual voicemail issues
lzzchic14

Which number did you call?  I spent about an hour on the phone with technical support while at the verizon store, they reset my voicemail twice, and it didn't fix it.

0 Likes
SheppardS

I called the support number from the verizonwireless website. Spoke to Brandon, then he connected me to a guy with the next line of support after he couldn't get it fixed (don't recall his name).

Sent from my iPad

0 Likes
rcschnoor
Legend

lzzchic14 wrote:

I thought I sent one to her...it says "awaiting approval" when I click on her name.

I find it absolutely amazing the amount of customer service agents on these forums who never follow through with their useless offers of assistance when they either have NO intention to follow thru with the DM process or are completely clueless on how the DM process actually works on this forum.

rcschnoor
Legend

Try this:

Customer Service

Dial *611 from your cell phone

View the *611 On-Screen App for Android Video

(800) 922-0204

Monday-Sunday 6am-11pm

Good luck.

0 Likes
aljoseph

I have the identical problem on my iPhone 5. I lost visual voice mail coincident with a phone number change. I've spent countless time both in person and on the phone with Verizon and Apple. Apple even gave me a new phone to ensure the problem wasn't hardware related. Still nothing. Verizon support has stopped calling me. Every time I post this problem I get a raft of responses telling me my problem can be fixed if only I reset the network settings, set the phone up as new, reboot the phone, change the sim card, etc.. All that has been tried and still nothing. Then the return phone calls and emails stop. I feel abandoned. Can't anyone offer a tried and true fix? Does this happen to everyone changing their phone numbers? Help.

0 Likes
lzzchic14

Yes -- This!!  I've had several verizon customer support people offer their support, right here on this thread -- but i've sent follow requests, and not ONE of them has been accepted.  I just want my voicemail to work!!  I'm going to try calling them again...but I really don't think that I should have to spend hours of my time, fixing something that is a VERIZON problem.  And, from this thread...a pretty common problem at that. 

0 Likes
EricG561

Mine finally works...I went thru the same "fix" options and nothing worked. They said they never heard of this problem (obviously this seems more common than they think). Finally I was routed to a tech and I asked her to reset provisions based on another thread I read - it worked.

Sent from my iPhone

0 Likes
lzzchic14

I AM SO MAD!!!!  And I don't usually type in all caps.  I just called verizon customer service, the same number that someone listed as so helpful above...and NOBODY knows what is wrong with my phone.  They told me to call apple customer service -- which is crap, because this is so obviously something wrong with verizon's settings, which i'm pretty sure apple can't fix.  Not to mention I had to stay on hold for 20 minutes, before my call was even answered.  I am so irritated, I feel like changing my wireless service!!!  And i've had verizon forever.  I'm just so mad!!!!!  All these verizon customer service people offering to help me and not one has followed through!!!  UGH!!!!  What can I do to get this fixed?????? I have:  Had a new sim card, spent and hour and a half in the store on the phone with tech support who was SUPPOSED to open a trouble ticket, which apparently never happened, reset my network settings, reset my phone and restored from backup, reset my phone as a new phone, spent 30 minutes on the phone with "technical support" today....and still my voicemail doesn't work.  What can I do, besides, junking verizon for someone else, even though everyone else has bad service and I love my verizon phones???????

0 Likes
lzzchic14

OK so.....I went to the Verizon store at lunch, which of course had an extreme wait today with the new iPhones coming out, so the guy there was like, I understand this is frustrating, blah blah, what you need to do is reset your phone through iTunes (not sure what THAT would do that I haven't done already)....so I was totally frustrated and basically said you guys stink and just left.  Then I googled Verizon technical support, found the number for tech #2, called there - got a VERY helpful girl named Chelsea.  She listened to my whole hour long drama of the voicemail, and was very helpful - filled out the trouble ticket that the other person never filled out, reset my provisions, and also did something like take off the visual voicemail and put it back on (she said she couldn't actually do that, but this was LIKE that).  I was on the phone, so I couldn't try it while I was talking to her....got back to my desk, turned off the phone, turned it back on -- and FINALLY my visual voicemail is working!!!  Chelsea at tech #2 is my new best friend, LOL!!! YAY.  So if anyone else has this problem, call 866-221-4096, that's who finally helped me.  And I didn't even have to wait on hold!!

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

aljoseph, I know this issue is frustrating and I would also be upset if I went through all the steps needed to fix this problem and it persist. We appreciate all the trouble-shooting you have performed with us and Apple. I'm sorry you continuing to deal with this and haven't received a resolution. I was unable to locate this as a known issue for us and if other customers are able to utilize this feature, so should you. The last step I didn't show you mentioned is a trouble-ticket from us. Have we completed a ticket to have our engineers/technicians review the problem in more detail? If so, what was the outcome? If not, we need to do this immediately and we would like to have you send a private message with your name and mobile number. I look forward to hearing from you.

KinquanaH_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @vzwsupport

0 Likes