iPhone 5 volume
HealthCoach

The volume turns itself down intermittently. It also happens whenever waking from sleep mode, and I have to turn volume up with side button before I can use phone. I have done soft and hard resets with no change. The down volume button doesn't work.  I have heard of others experiencing the same issue. I am looking for any help to resolve this issue. Thanks

Labels (1)
Tags (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: iPhone 5 volume
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hello HealthCoach,

Thanks for the follow up.  I want to make sure we get you up and working.  Have you contacted our Customer Service department for troubleshooting of the device?  This way we can go step by step of troubleshooting the handset.  Also you can stop in any Apple store for troubleshooting on the device as well. The number to our Customer Service department is 800-922-0204. 

WarrenM_VZWSupport
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

View solution in original post

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hi HealthCoach,

I am sorry to hear you're having issues with your iPhone 5 volume button not working! It sounds like you did a lot to try to resolve the issue with doing a soft and hard reset on the device. Does your device have any physical damage? Is it updated to the latest iOS version? Try to see if the speaker responds with adjusting the volume.

Thanks,
EdW_VZW

0 Likes
HealthCoach

No damage, and yes if I go into settings it will usually work. If it is

coming out of sleep mode, only the side button up volume works, I can't

even access the screen until I turn it the volume up all the way. A couple

of times it would turn the volume down as soon as I turned it up, so I

powered it off for a while and it stopped doing that (until the next random

time)

I have iOS 7.0.4 as the last update - I have talked to another person who

is experiencing this with an iPhone 4 since the update, and I noticed there

are quite a few posts on various online sites with similar experiences.

Everything was fine until the last update.

I hope there is an easy fix for this.

Thanks

Victoria Cureton

On Wed, Jan 22, 2014 at 5:00 PM, Verizon Wireless Customer Support <

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hello HealthCoach,

Thanks for the follow up.  I want to make sure we get you up and working.  Have you contacted our Customer Service department for troubleshooting of the device?  This way we can go step by step of troubleshooting the handset.  Also you can stop in any Apple store for troubleshooting on the device as well. The number to our Customer Service department is 800-922-0204. 

WarrenM_VZWSupport

0 Likes