iPhone 5
domofan2010

will verizon be getting the iPhone 5 simultaneously with AT&T? that's what I've been hearing but I would like to know for sure so I can just wait til my contract is over in the late summer to grab it since they will probably have another promotional deal.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: iPhone 5
rcschnoor
Legend

Since no one (Apple, AT&T, Verizon) hasn't even announced the iPhone 5, your guess is as good as anyone else's guess.

0 Likes
katiemctavish

Apple will be releasing an iPhone 5, but not for verizon. It will be for at&t and will come out this summer. All new verizon iPhone models should come out every February. Likewise for at&t, every June.

0 Likes
rcschnoor
Legend

Since no one(Apple, Verizon or AT&T) has announced this release schedule, I would like to know where you got this information. Or is this just your guess(or hope if you are an AT&T subscriber and want to 1 up Verizon) and therefore as accurate as any other guess that someone gives.

0 Likes
katiemctavish
0 Likes
AZSALUKI
Legend

nobody knows for sure. but i can't imagine that going forward, verizon will be satisfied to get the most recent iphone 7 months after at&t. i would think they will either release them at the same time (get them on the same cycle) or at least close the gap in the length of time. verizon had to wait this time because at&t had an agreement with apple that expired at the end of 2010. now that iphone isn't exclusive, i'd think vzn would want the new iphones when at&t gets them.

0 Likes
domofan2010

yeah it seems like verizon didn't sign up for just a 1-time deal with Apple and if that is the case...then that sucks.

0 Likes
Ambreezy
Contributor - Level 3

You can click on the link below in order to sign up for Email Updates. This will provide you with exclusive online offers, promotions and the latest information on products and services.

https://email.vzwshop.com/servlet/formlink/f?NFOQU&SOURCEID=WEB_DGF_VZW_SUPPORTNAV

0 Likes
primortal
Master - Level 1

katiemctavish wrote:

Apple will be releasing an iPhone 5, but not for verizon. It will be for at&t and will come out this summer. All new verizon iPhone models should come out every February. Likewise for at&t, every June.

maybe not, according to an engadget post the iPhone 5 will be dual band meaning the same device will work either on at&t or verizon network.  Source:  engadget

But all of these moves are leading up to the iPhone 5 -- a completely redesigned handset -- which our sources say is on track for a summer launch. Right now, the device is being tested discreetly by senior staff at Apple (strictly on campus only). We don't have much info on the phone at this point, but our understanding is that the new device will be a total rethink from a design standpoint and will be running atop Apple's new A5 CPU (a Cortex A9-based, multi-core chip). This device, like the iPad 2, will feature a Qualcomm chipset that does triple duty as the CDMA / GSM / UMTS baseband processor -- from what we hear there's no LTE in the mix at this point.

0 Likes
brichi
Contributor - Level 1

ugh, I feel like al we do is wait for the iphone, it finally gets here and now they may release a new verizon one 4 months later, NOT COOL VERIZON, They should be more upfront if they are not releasing a new one in June for V, So many people are going to wait now and not get the 4... More confirmation from Apple or Verizon would be great.

0 Likes