iPhone 5C email issue
VPOPX2

All of a sudden, last few days, every morning 6,000 emails appear on my phone as new.  these are already opened on both the phone and my outlook account... any thoughts?  I have deleted the account and checked the sync settings...

Labels (2)
0 Likes
Re: iPhone 5C email issue
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Let's get those emails straightened out VPOPX2! Is this a corporate email? Anything change on the device such as apps, settings or updates? When did you last power the device completely off? Do you have any other email clients on the device?

JonathanK_VZW
VZWSupport
Follow Us on Twitter@VZWSupport

0 Likes
VPOPX2

Lets...  This is a personal email account for my wife's phone.  We have Verizon internet and both her outlook account and the iPhone is set up for POP3.  Both devices are set to "sync with the server"  Her outlook doesn't have the opened emails flooding in only the iPhone.  The iPhone she has had for months and this only started recently.  No other email clients are on the device nor does she have any other email accounts.  The phone has the latest IOS and patches. 

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hi VPOPX2,

Oh no! I know how annoying it can be to receive thousand of unwanted emails. Does she click on emails then delete them or does she delete all the emails in groups without opening them first?

Thanks,
PamelaF_VZW
Tweet us @vzwsupport

0 Likes
VPOPX2

she opens them and deletes. The first two times this happened, it was only

60 to 80, the 6,000 + started yesterday.

On Wed, Jun 25, 2014 at 2:43 PM, Verizon Wireless Customer Support <

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Thanks for the additional details. I would suggest removing all of the unwanted emails while signed into a PC. Then remove un-sync and re-sync the email account with your phone. Let me know if this helps.

ChaunceyM_VZW

Followus on twitter @VZWSupport 

0 Likes
VPOPX2

it won't. I actually went into the web mail account on verizon and there

are only 362 emails there. No idea how 6,000+ are being reloaded. Her PC

outlook is totally offline, no sync with the phone. any other suggestions?

On Wed, Jun 25, 2014 at 3:43 PM, Verizon Wireless Customer Support <

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Ok. How are the emails being delivered to your phone if it's not synced or setup to deliver the emails to your device? I want to end that connection and re-add it to your device.

ChaunceyM_VZW

Follow us on twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
VPOPX2

standard iphone mail setup... account / password and its good to go.

account has been deleted and set up again, a few hours later 6000+ emails

unopened. makes no sense since the actual email account only had a few

hundred...

On Wed, Jun 25, 2014 at 4:39 PM, Verizon Wireless Customer Support <

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

VPOPX2 that is quite strange, but we'll solve this mystery together! Since this large number of emails recently started, has there been any changes to the outlook account or iPhone that you recall?

AshleyS_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes