iPhone 5S camera
Haley0531

Camera will not flip for front shots (selfies)

Labels (2)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: iPhone 5S camera
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

I appreciate you sharing that tidbit, Haley0531. With the repair and this difficulty happening at the same time, it's possible the repair process may have caused physical damage to the camera function. Apple does have some great tips at https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT201412 to try for a malfunctioning device that freezes during any operation. I would highly recommend trying all the suggested steps to confirm it may be hardware related.

JenniferH_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

View solution in original post

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Haley0531, thanks for reaching out to us and let's get your selfies camera working again. When did this issue start? Any recent changes to your device recently, software, apps, etc.?

GersonG_VZW
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Haley0531

I love using my front facing camera. Lets get yours working again. When did this first start? What happens when you try to turn on the front camera? What apps have you tried this in?

ChristopherM_VZW
Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
Haley0531

The phone was accidentally dropped and the screen cracked.  We had the screen repaired and then after that the camera wouldn’t flip.

[Personal information removed as required by the Verizon Wireless Terms of Service]

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Haley0531,

That’s terrible to hear. I use my selfie camera all the time. I want to make sure we get this fixed so you can use yours too. What happens when you try to go to your front facing camera? Any error messages? What happens after you do a power cycle of your device?

JuanD_VZW

0 Likes
Haley0531

The front camera works just fine, but when we try to flip it the picture shows the front view and then it freezes.

[Personal information removed as required by the Verizon Wireless Terms of Service]

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Oh no! I regret to hear about the screen cracking. Did you get it repaired at an Apple or third party store? Do you have insurance on your phone?

KristieQ_VZW

0 Likes
Haley0531

It was repaired but not by an Apple Store

Sent from my iPhone

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

I appreciate you sharing that tidbit, Haley0531. With the repair and this difficulty happening at the same time, it's possible the repair process may have caused physical damage to the camera function. Apple does have some great tips at https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT201412 to try for a malfunctioning device that freezes during any operation. I would highly recommend trying all the suggested steps to confirm it may be hardware related.

JenniferH_VZW

0 Likes
bearone21
Legend

you could've mentioned that in your 1st post.

0 Likes