iPhone 5S no longer charges with Verizon Car Charger
ZebraChef

I bought my iPhone 5S the day it came out and everything has worked smoothly until about two weeks ago when my iPhone refused to take a charge from my iPhone Verizon brand car charger.  I have not updated the software recently.  It was already up to date.  This is the Verizon car charger that was sold as a bundle when I purchase the phone.  I would understand a little better if the car charger did not work when I purchased but now I am confused.  Does anyone know a fix for this?

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: iPhone 5S no longer charges with Verizon Car Charger
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hey there ZebraChef,

Congrats on the 5s! I hope that you are enjoying it so far. I'm sorry for the issues that you are having with the car charger. Does the iPhone recognize the car charger? Does the regular wall charger work? Any damage done to the car charger or the phones charging port?

Please provide details so I can better assist.

NicholasB_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport.

0 Likes
ZebraChef

Hi,

The iPhone says that some chargers may not be authorized and therefore may not charge (paraphrase) but I don't see the lightning bolt next to the battery.  The Apple charger that comes with the phone works and my larger iPad charger also works with it.

There is not visible damage to the car charger and I do not remember mishandling it in any qay.

I hope that helps.

MZ

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

ZebraChef,

Thanks for that additional info. The car charger should continue to work. Please try a soft reset,http://vz.to/1b6zX0L and test the phone with the car charger again.

NicholasB_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes