iPhone 5S won't load any apps that require data connection, even with 3 bars LTE
RDRTECH

My iPhone 5S will make/receive calls and texts...however, for the past week or so, I can't use any of the apps that require a data connection...not even the App Store.  I keep getting "Can't refresh newsfeed" and "Cannot connect to..."  even with 3 out of 5 "bars" and LTE.

I have done hard resets on the phone several times, to no avail.  I've also noticed that the battery is draining like crazy, even when all apps have been swiped closed.

This problem started shortly after my phone did a software update last week...I don't know if that's a coincidence, but I'm guessing not.

Any help would be appreciated...If I wanted a phone that only did talk/text, I would have bought one.

Labels (2)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: iPhone 5S won't load any apps that require data connection, even with 3 bars LTE
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

You would like to think so but we both know sometimes updates need to be updated. Honestly, this is first I have heard of the issue resurfacing. The last thing I would recommend is a factory reset (http://vz.to/1LWn5Lk) or you can reach out to Apple Support (800-692-7753). These are the last resort.
AnthonyM_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Re: iPhone 5S won't load any apps that require data connection, even with 3 bars LTE
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

RDRTECH, let's get those data speeds and apps back working.  What sodtware did you upgarde to? Is there another one available for download?
AnthonyM_VZW
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
RDRTECH

The last software update was iOS 9.1.

I don't know if another is available because  when I go into Settings>General>Software Update, all I get is "Unable to Check for Update.  An error occurred while checking for a software update.  Cancel or Try Again."  In the background, I have the never ending Checking for Updates wheel.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Thanks for getting back to us RDRTECH. Is this happening with all data required apps or just certain ones?  Are they working over WiFi?
AnthonyM_VZW

0 Likes
RDRTECH

Currently, it is happening for ALL data required apps.  I have not had consistent problems with them when using WiFi.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

RDRTECH are you able to access the web using data? This was a known issue when Apple released 9.0 and it was fixed with the 9.0.2 update. Has there been any changes such as recently downloaded apps since this has begun?
AnthonyM_VZW

0 Likes
RDRTECH

No new apps, but the web will eventually load if I let it sit long enough when using only data.  Shouldn't this have been corrected with 9.1?

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

You would like to think so but we both know sometimes updates need to be updated. Honestly, this is first I have heard of the issue resurfacing. The last thing I would recommend is a factory reset (http://vz.to/1LWn5Lk) or you can reach out to Apple Support (800-692-7753). These are the last resort.
AnthonyM_VZW

0 Likes
RDRTECH

Hm.  Well, I appreciate your time.  Thank you for your help.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

You are more than welcome. We are always a click away if you need us. http://vz.to/1JwSC3t
AnthonyM_VZW

0 Likes