iPhone 5c promotion
Krazyazkid
Enthusiast - Level 2

I Went online 2 days ago to upgrade one of my phones and immediately was offered a promotion to upgrade my phone with a free iPhone 5c 32gb any color with a promotion end date of 6/30/2014, but when I went to checkout the phone was not free so I called in to see why. I was told that I was definitely eligible for the promotion but the did not know why I was not getting it and that for some unknown reason my acct wasn't reflecting this. I was told to give it a day or two and try again. We'll I did what they asked and  now the promotion is no longer showing up. So, I called again and Was told this is a hush hush type promotion, but it was or is a valid promotion. But after being on hold on and off. I was then told I'm not eligible for the promotion, it "A demographic promotion for just certain people or areas". And then I was told, "Give it 24 to 48 hours and try again".

I looked on the discussion and see a trend, this promotion has been offered the erroneously declined to many people. I have been a long and loyal customer with Verizon  for many years and spend good money every month for all my phones. Perhaps it's time to seek a different wireless service that stands behind their offers. I  have two phone that have been out of contract for a while now and a 3rd to soon be. I'm thinking if Verizon wireless doesn't stand by this promotion, it's time for me to make a change.

Labels (2)
Re: iPhone 5c promotion
Krazyazkid
Enthusiast - Level 2

Ok so today the promotion is back on my verizon, I'm going to call again and see what excuse verizon gives me now as to why the won't honor it

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Krazyazkid we want you to benefit from the best deal ASAP! No need to call, we'll see exactly what options are available for you. Please accept my follow request and send a Direct Message to access the account.

AshleyS_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
daleat

We had similar problems as I saw the promotion online for a free 32gb iphone 5c when you upgrade. I verified this promotion was eligible with the more everything plan via online chat, but went to a store to to the upgrade as we needed to do a bunch of other stuff too. What a waste of time! After waiting 15 minutes for a sales person, Michael was not there to help us at all. He told us we were not eligible for this promotion and they would not honor their advertised deal, he refused to get us a manger when we asked, and basically refused to do anything to help us. He told us to go home and order one online and talk to customer service if we had problems, because he is not customer service and works on commission. So, obviously, we did not want to give him our money. We went home and I added the iphone 5c to my cart. I saw the note saying the promotion price would not be reflected until checkout. So, i get as far as I can go without paying and they are still wanting to charge me full price. I did the online chat again and the person told me I needed to start over, but that I also needed to delete my cookies and browsing history. I little strange, but ok, whatever. I want this advertised deal! So, by the time I do all that, the website is changed and the free iphone 5c promotion completely disappears from the website. The person on the chat says she can no longer help me because she is a sales person and not customer service. MMmm... heard that before. So, hours have passed now on the computer. Luckily, customer service is still open at 10pm. So I call them. The gal there cannot help me. She tells me I am not eligible for this promotion and it is only available to select customers. We have been a customer of verizon for 14 years, and so apparently, that wasn't good enough for them. Not to mention the fact that this promotion was on the verizonwireless.com website... I wasn't even logged into our account when I saw the promotion! She would not help me and after begging to speak to a manager, I get Oscar. Oscar was very well trained. All he could say was, "I understand, Ma'am. Well, no I don't think he understands. He basically called be a liar saying there wasn't a promotion like this on their website for anyone to see. He didn't seem to care that we are long time customers. He was not willing to try to keep our business. He would put me on hold (numerous times) to "see what he could do." He then comes back on the line and offers me the same promotion that is available to everyone else on the updated website, not honoring the promotion I verified earlier! After more than an hour on the phone, we finally caved and said we would accept a 16gb iphone c for free instead of the 32gb. I am still upset verizon would not honor their advertisement and admit that perhaps, someone on web design screwed up and advertised the wrong promotion. Verizon is doing a very good job trying to do damage control and not budging. Well, we are not happy with Verizon. There is no customer service and they are not willing to work with you, no matter how long you've been a customer with them. Verizon is such a large compnay, they don't care if they lose 1 customer. Well, my fight for this phone is not over. It's not even really about the phone anymore. It's about verizon honoring what they advertise and being willing to work with the customer, wanting to earn and keep a customer's business. It sounds like we are not the only ones screwed by this "promotion" as this apparently happened in March too. Summary: not a happy customer; Verizon not an honest company.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hello daleat!

I'm so sorry to learn of the curcumstances that led to your posting. I'd love to help you! I read your post and it seems I'd need to take a look into your account. I've followed you in the forums. Please accept me, and then follow me back. Once that's done, please send me a Direct Message and I assure you that we'll get to the bottom of this for you.

Thanks,

ChristinaB_VZW
VZW Support
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
Krazyazkid
Enthusiast - Level 2

Well last night I again called customer support on this and they seemed to be genuinely interested to help.  I was on the line with them again for at least an hour, this being the third lengthy call.  Finally was able to get them to actually go the the website and see what I was seeing and now they have "opened a ticket" with tech support because they were unable to get the phone for me. I was told to call back in 2 days, lol again.  Well I am not giving up on this its a matter of principle for me now.

0 Likes
daleat

Good luck. It doesn't make sense that they keep telling us to wait and call them back. For a tech company, they sure can't get their website stuff together! Yes, don't give up. It is the matter of principle now. They need to follow through! I'm surprised they can see what you're seeing though, as they changed the website, literally while I was on the phone with them.

0 Likes
Krazyazkid
Enthusiast - Level 2

update:  Well I have not called back yet, but I can see that the only thing they probably did was have their tech support remove the promotion off the website as I can no longer see it as available to me.  But I am still calling tomorrow, because the promotion was there at the time I attempted to upgrade so they need to honor it even if it was their technical error. I will keep everyone updated on my progress in this mater.

0 Likes
daleat

They literally changed the website while I was speaking to their sales and "customer service" people. I wish I had printed out the advertisement when i saw it. They are just trying to do damage control and hide the fact someone made a mistake on their website. They do need to accept that and honor their promotion as we saw it instead of calling us liars. Don't give up. Keep calling them and following up with them!

0 Likes
VZW_Jennie
Enthusiast - Level 2

We also got the free 32gb 5c promotion to appear on the website - they say it's our thank you for being a loyal customer. Then when I went to check out, the promotion was nowhere to be seen. I called and asked support, they said that if I can fax a screen shot showing them that I had to promo tied to my account, they would honor the promo. We've been with Verizon for 12 years, but this is the first time I've seen a bait-and-switch or silly tactics like faxing in a screen shot.

0 Likes