iPhone 5s charger does not work
L7

I bought my iPhone 5s about a month ago and was using only a charger which came with the phone. Suddenly, it does not work anymore, and on the screen it says "This cable or accessory is not certified and may not work reliably with this iPhone." I connected to my laptop computer and tried to charge the phone, but it didn't work. I used it for only like 2 weeks and then this happened.

Does anybody have the same problem or know how to fix this?

Labels (2)
0 Likes
Re: iPhone 5s charger does not work
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

L7,

I know how it can be with keeping the iPhone nice and charged ready to go. Is this the original cable that came with the phone or one purchased in store? You can always stop in store to have it inspected and swapped out if the cable turns out to be defective. Is there any signs of the cable worping or peeling?

ShirazP_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
Re: iPhone 5s charger does not work
kaebfly
Champion - Level 3

If you just purchased your phone new then the factory cable and charger are covered under the manufacturers warranty. If you have an Apple Store near by you can take the cable and charger to them to inspect and they'll replace one or both if they are defective. Or you can contact Apple over the phone or online to request a warranty replacement.

0 Likes