iPhone 5s ship date??
chawla
Enthusiast - Level 1

Hi...Upgraded my line from an iPhone 4s to a 5s at around 3:08 AM on the 20th EST. Recieved an email confirmation stating my phone would ship on the 24th (It was a iPhone 5s 16 GB Gold), I've been reading threads on this forum & other forums, and is it true that my order may be pushed back until October/November?? I sold my iPhone 4s right before ordering, I woke up early at 2:30 AM so I'd be able to get my phone as fast as possible...I'm stuck with a prepaid flip phone...from an iPhone, so you can imagine that's quite the adjustment/jump (no contacts either, I assumed it was temporary only for a few days or a week at the most..)

Here's some info about my order..

Email confirmation says estimated shipping 9/24/2013.

Order page ( https://preorder.verizonwireless.com/iconic/iconic/screens/IconicSearchInit.do ) has said this since the 20th, "Order Status:      We received your order and it is in process.

Expected Ship Date:      09/24/2013"

It's 10:12 PM here. No tracking info/email. Talked to reps thru online chat and they kept stating it would ship today. Looked up by reference on both UPS + FedEx website, nothing shows up so it wasn't shipped.

I got up early, paid the upgrade fee, expecting to be able to get the phone on time...Please don't tell me its going to ship late?

Thanks for the help.

Labels (2)
0 Likes
Re: iPhone 5s ship date??
dssguy1

I am in the exact same situation except I don't have a backup phone and I ordered 1 minute earlier than you.  It kinda stinks to see these people posting here with tracking numbers and stating they ordered 10-30 minutes later than we did.

What gives?

0 Likes
chawla
Enthusiast - Level 1

Ok wow, just after posting this I got this email:

Shipping Status Update
Important Information about your iPhone Order

Thank you for your recent order.  Due to the volume of iPhone orders received, your entire shipment will not be shipped as scheduled.

We anticipate the new shipping date to be 10/7/2013 and will keep you updated if this changes. You will receive a confirmation email when your order ships that will provide you with a tracking number for your package.

We apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused.  If you'd like to change or cancel your order you may call 1-866-338-7390 for assistance. We recognize that you have a choice in wireless service and thank you for choosing Verizon Wireless.

My...you tell me this NOW? I could have picked a different way of obtaining an iPhone....but now I have to wait, and I still woke up at 3 AM, and I still paid upgrade fees. Thanks Verizon Smiley Sad Rep on the phone also said thats the latest date...so if stock does magically come in, it may ship a few days earlier. Ugh!

0 Likes
EndersRapture
Enthusiast - Level 2

Yeah I just got that e-mail too, from a 9/24 to a 10/7 date. It's EXTREMELY frustrating that they didn't know how to count their damn inventory before promising phones to people. Would have 100% ordered through apple if I knew this. Thanks for letting me know 4 days later, Verizon.

0 Likes
Slo8140
Enthusiast - Level 2

Same thing happened to me ordered a 64gb black 30 minutes after they went on sale. Was told 9/24 would be ship date. Verizon finally let me know at 10pm on 9/24 that the date is 10/7. Frustrating.

0 Likes
bryan_tampa
Enthusiast - Level 2

I ordered mine no more than 4 minutes after they went on sale and was told 9/24 as the ship date.  I even called just this evening @ 7:30 PM, 9/24, to confirm that it would be shipped and was reassured that everything was fine and that it was probably still processing and I would receive tracking information in 24 hrs or so.  Three hours later, they send out an e-mail to everyone.  Verizon confirmed to me on the phone that they have all their own inventory and it's shipped from the US.  When I called in just now to express my frustration, they blamed Apple for the problem.  Verizon clearly doesn't know how to handle pre-orders.  AT&T customers received their phones on Monday.  I encourage everyone to call and vent their frustration by calling *611 from your Verizon phone and take to Twitter, Facebook and every other means.  The only way multi-billion dollar organizations make improvements and learn from their mistakes is when everyone lashes back at them for their failures.

0 Likes
kobimaru

My phone delivery status is the same as above.   I'm so freaking upset.  Not even an email to let me know that they have pushed me back... just that worthless order status of :

We received your order and it is in process.

Expected Ship Date: 09/24/2013

There was still stock at a Verizon store on Monday that I could have bought but since i had this phone coming this week, I let it slide.   Thanks Verizon.   Glad I got up at 3am and paid for this aggravation.  Never again.   And don't get me wrong, Apple is a huge contributor to this problem.   What a scam. 

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

I think this has happened every single time Apple has released a phone.  One would think everyone would be used to it by now.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
zarmaya

I checked my order status around 6pm and saw a tracking number, but I just got that same bogus email about the shipping date being changed so I checked the order status again and now the tracking number is gone! I went to fedex and typed in the tracking number and it appears my phone has been rerouted to a different location. WHAT THE HECK??

0 Likes
bryan_tampa
Enthusiast - Level 2

I ordered another phone through Apple, they said it would ship Sept 30 to Oct 2 and it's already shipped and arrives tomorrow.  Unfortunately, this is all about setting expectations.  Apple set the expectations up front with me when I placed my order, and exceeded those expectations.  Verizon tried to do something they couldn't.

0 Likes