iPhone 5s was stolen before I even got it :(
skorpio
Enthusiast - Level 1

Fedex says they left the phone at my door at my request but it's not here. I got home just 2 hours after it was supposedly delivered. I called verizon and reported it. Since I didn't purchase insurance, is there any hope of getting another one sent to me? I've never had any packages stolen from me, so I'm completely lost and horrified. Smiley Sad

Labels (2)
0 Likes
Re: iPhone 5s was stolen before I even got it :(
rcschnoor
Legend

Did you leave a release for FedEx to leave the package? If so, you would only be able to get another by paying for it, at full retail. If you didn't leave a release, you would have to file a claim with FedEx.

0 Likes
Not applicable

Many times its drivers discretion if they leave a package, even one that requires an adult signature.

Normally as in my case a signature release has to be on file. Even then some drivers access the neighborhood and if it is a high traffic area, near a park or school and won't release it at all unless you are home to sign.

Even though no fault of your own, and with best intentions your held responsible for the loss and or theft after it has been delivered. Bummer I know.

If I know a parcel is coming on a certain day I make sure someone is at our home to sign for it.

Good Luck

0 Likes
gene0c
Enthusiast - Level 1

If you purchased the phones with a credit card, then you may well have purchase protection through the card.  I'd look into it.

CG101
Enthusiast - Level 2

I'm with gene0c on that one. I'm sure you used a credit card to make this purchase. Even if it was a debit card with a Visa or MC logo, you would have some protection. Before you contact your credit card/bank, first I would file a claim with FedEx. Then, I would file a police report (the credit card/banking institution people are going to want you do that.) Then you file a claim with the credit card/banking institution.

I am so sorry this happened to you. Many times UPS/FedEx leave boxes outside my door or even my neighbor's door all the time and I'm going to have to contact both of them and tell them I don't want them doing that anymore, especially since the wife is always home. Many times, these drivers don't want to wait the 2-3 minutes for the Mrs. to answer the door.

You do have recourse, but you will need to start doing what I advised YESTERDAY. Quicker you get that done, the sooner your headache will go away.

0 Likes
skorpio
Enthusiast - Level 1

I found it everyone..... my landlord lied to me about it and it turns out he stole it. I just found it among all his work tools

larryiou812

>Deleted Post to comply with VZW ToS<

Message was edited by: Verizon Moderator

0 Likes