iPhone...IS IT WORTH THE HYPE??
Pariyah
Enthusiast - Level 1

To everyone that's received their iPhone 5....

Is it worth the hype? There's been a lot of negative reviews and problems with the phone since people have started getting them. I want to hear from people on Verizon that have received them.My wife received her Galaxy S3 the other night and I have to say it's pretty slick. I've been with a Droid X for the past 2 years and one thing I've missed about Apple is the whole iTunes interface. Everything links together so well unlike some of the features of Android/Google. But they too are improving.

So to those that have them, should I stick to my i5 order or cancel it for the S3? Feedback is greatly appreciated. My i5 is supposed to ship by Oct. 5th so i'm running out of time to switch if I want to.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: iPhone...IS IT WORTH THE HYPE??
TomCat03
Contributor - Level 3

S3 is in major defense mode now and trying all they can to market people against i5. Even though the S3 has a bigger screen, I am glad to go with i5. Just as the commercial shows, i5 is very comfortable in hand and you can operate every aspect of the screen by holding it in one position and using your thumb. S3 takes a little more maneuvering. With Photo Stream, you can do something similar as the S3 marketing efforts are trying to use against iphone advocates. using i5 on 4G Verizon is outstanding.  I think if you took your wife's S3 on the rounds for a day you would come to realize it's not as convenient and practical as Samsung is making it out to be.  

0 Likes
AZSALUKI
Legend

you're asking iphone users if you should get an iphone. the answers will obviously be yes, or they wouldn't be iphone users. i would do what tomcat03 suggested and take your wife's s3 for a day. it will blow you away. i think the iphone5 is a great device, but it's not for me. NFC and expandable storage and removable battery are just 3 of the countless reasons i would get the s3. apple ditched google maps and put a broken version of their own maps on iOS 6. that's another deal breaker for me. i use google navigation daily, and NFC ability is WAY too convenient to not have on my phone.

mdram4x4
Champion - Level 1

it depends what you like

after using android i would never to to ios

but some people are diff

pick the phone that fits you and your usage

0 Likes
21stNow
Master - Level 1

AZSaluki, I could not have said it better myself.

Pariyah, it seems like you are used to using iTunes, and may prefer it.  If this is the case, the iPhone would be the natural phone for you to choose.  Next, consider the importance of screen size to you, as they are drastically different between the two devices.  Generally if you want one, you will consider the other too big or too small.

You could get the iPhone 5 and have a best of both worlds thing going on between you and your wife's phones.

My personal preference is for the Samsung Galaxy S III and I own one.  While I have played with an iPhone 5 in-store, I haven't owned one to use it to make a detailed comparison between the two devices.  For me, the mere thought of having to use iTunes just turns me off.  No NFC in 2012 is a deal-breaker for me, too.  However, it seems like those things may be the opposite or not that important to you, so I would expect us to prefer different devices.

0 Likes
Pariyah
Enthusiast - Level 1

I'm asking i5 users. Because of all the issues that've been reported I'm curious if everyone is seeing the issues or if overall the device is good. I've played around on the S3 some. It's neat. That's the most I can say. Nothing that blew me away. Like I said, I had the DX and I have an older iTouch 3g. The comparison in the UI is night and day.

0 Likes
AZSALUKI
Legend

i believe that most of the issues are OS related and likely, somewhat isolated. any device is going to have it's share of users who experience issues. the reason i think it's OS related is because it's not just the iPhone 5 that is experiencing issues. many iphone 4 and 4s users are having issues since the update. i know my boss and his daughter both are having issues since the update (my bosses home button doesn't always work and his daughter's is just "glitchy" now). however, my coworker and another friend have had zero issues since the update. i would recommend using it VERY heavily during your 14 day return period. i'm talking about making sure to use every feature that you will likely be using for the next 2 years and use them a few times at least. then you'll be able to return it if the features you want/need have any issues. i found the screen to be a bit annoying, as i didn't realize (until i played around with one) that they just stretched it to make it longer, without making it any wider. the ratio just seems diproportionate. however, it does make it easier to use one handed. overall, i was really impressed with it for the very short time i played with it. i guess i didn't realize there were a lot of issues with the 5. i just thought it was mostly issues updating the 4 or 4s.

0 Likes