iPhone burning data, using data in middle of night when wifi is on
CarolynK358

Since we upgraded phones in February, Daughter's phone is using two t to three times the data her old Droid Maxx did.  She has iPhone 5C.  Checking data usage there is some update or something every day around 2:30 am and 2:30 pm using .05 GB each time.  That's .10 GB a day times 30 days using 3 GB a month.  We share 6 GB and it's getting to the point where she is almost using the entire 6 GB now.  In fact, she is on track to go over this month.  I upgraded to a new Droid Maxx from Droid Razr Maxx and my usage hasn't changed, whereas her's has tripled. I play games and stuff when there is no wifi, but still rarely go over 1 GB a month.   Nothing else has changed for her but the phone.  Oh, at 2:30 am she is at home and connected to wifi.  At 2:30 pm she is in school, so no wifi.

Any ideas?  Is there some kind of update being done and some way to tell it to only use wifi?  Of course, when we both had Droid's rarely went over 4 GB a month and we had unlimited which we lost when we upgraded.  Now paying more for data to get 6 GB and it's not enough.  I thought I would have an extra 2 GB a month to use as hotspot for my tablet if I wanted.

Carolyn

Labels (2)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: iPhone burning data, using data in middle of night when wifi is on
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

CarolynK358,

Lets get this data usage under control! If there is data usage at the same time every day and using the same amount of data it sounds like it is an application running that is using the data. Have your daughter check to see what applications on her device are using data. Go to Settings>Cellular>Scroll down. When accessing the the applications that are using data you can choose to turn off certain applications that are using the data. Let us know if this helps.

LindseyT_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Re: iPhone burning data, using data in middle of night when wifi is on
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

CarolynK358,

Lets get this data usage under control! If there is data usage at the same time every day and using the same amount of data it sounds like it is an application running that is using the data. Have your daughter check to see what applications on her device are using data. Go to Settings>Cellular>Scroll down. When accessing the the applications that are using data you can choose to turn off certain applications that are using the data. Let us know if this helps.

LindseyT_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes