iPhone reception
PhilP16

I have a brand new iPhone 5S and my wife has an older 5C, both with Verizon.  She gets great reception at our house, and mine does nothing but drop calls...how can i fix this...i work from home, so my cell is esential.  Do i need to drop Verizon and go back to ATT, or shift to another phone type?  I don't have this problem elsewhere.  Thanks

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: iPhone reception
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Congratulations on your new phone, PhilP16! Dropped calls are definitely a concern. Do you happen to notice the dropped calls in other locations as well?
If you have a case, we ask that you remove it just so we can see if the case may be affecting the antenna.
We also ask that you power off/on so we can get the preferred roaming list to update. Keep in mind, low battery level can affect a dropped call problem. Ensure that the device is plugged into AC power or has a complete charge when attempting any dropped call troubleshooting. If you continue to drop calls over the next day or two, we ask that you dial ### (call) so we can see the records for the dropped calls. Please let us know when all of this has been completed.

TamaraH_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
PhilP16

Thanks.

1. Don't notice dropped calls in other locations.

2. Will do on case and power on/off

3. Doesn't matter whether phone is full charge or not

4.  Will monitor and see what happens and, if necessary, do the ###

5. When it happens, I can hear the other person saying "hello hello" very clearly, but they can't hear me respond.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

I'm sorry about your service issues with your new phone PHilP16. I know this is frustrating. Thanks for all the information. We can replace the phone with a brand new Iphone 5s within the 14day worry free guarantee or with a different phone model. You would simply pay the difference in cost or receive a credit for the difference in cost. After the 14day worry free guarantee, we can replace it with a certified like new phone of the same model you have. Did you get your phone from the store location?

KinquanaH_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @vzwsupport

0 Likes
PhilP16

I was just on a call where the line dropped 3 times in 30 minutes on my brand new iphone 5s.  the phone was fully charged, and the phone cover was NOT on the phone.  I tried the ### call and just something suggesting I misdialed.

this is so frustrating...it basically makes my phone unusable for my business, and I just got a bill for $280...not worth it.

how can you help? 

thanks.  phil

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

I'm sorry for the dropped calls you're having PhilP16. We ask that you do the ###call so we can see the dropped calls in our system to verify y our issue. Do you reset your network settings periodically? Try this step to help http://vz.to/TeFlsF and keep us posted.

KinquanaH_VZw
Follow us on Twitter @vzwsupport

0 Likes