iPhone5 wont ring with incoming calls and send them to voicemail
bjermo

Hi all

we have a very annoying problem with the iPhone5 we got. Very often it does not ring and the caller is being send right to voicemail. As long as the caller does not leave a message we do not even get a notification that someone called.

We have the do not disturb button of course off.

We also turned off LTE.

In addition be only get very weak reception 2 bars (Redford and Troy in Metro Detroit) without any case on the iPhone.

Does anybody have an idea otherwise we might have to look into giving this back as it is pointless having a phone that often does not ring.

Thank you.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: iPhone5 wont ring with incoming calls and send them to voicemail
worthmentioning2u

Check to verify the mute button on the side is in the correct position.  Otherwise there could be a possible glitch in the phone.  I have helped a few with this issue in which they did a soft reset to the phone.  In some instances it worked, in a few it did not and they had to replace the phone due to the glitch.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hi bjermo!

I know this would be frustrating quickly! Do you have this concern in a specific area like home or the office? Is it only happening with certain contacts? Keep me posted!

Thanks,
AdamE_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
tarakenjor

I am having the same problem with my iPhone 5. The software is updated to the 6.1.2 version, it doesn't limit this problem to only certain people, or in a certain location. I too will only know if I have missed a call if a voice mail is left. I've restarted my phone, checked all settings for ringtones, and volume is at high. What is a soft reset?

My phone is not quite 3 months old yet.

It is becoming frustrating when the phone is sitting next to me, and then I find out someone has been trying to call, and I only become aware of this after they finally leave a voice mail.

Thank you for any support you may have.

0 Likes
DavidB1

I also am having this same exact problem with an iPhone 5.  VERY upsetting.   I am an independent contractor, and I use my phone as part of my business.  So you can imagine how frustrated I am.

<< Remainder of post is a duplicate of .  That thread has replies.  Please do not duplicate posts. >>

Message was edited by: Verizon Moderator

0 Likes
scoots54

This Happens often to me and then I turn off the phone and restart it and works fine. I notice most of the time this happens to the first caller after you left on the charger over night. Not sure if any of you have witnessed that as well.

0 Likes
DavidB1

I went into the verizon store, they looked at my sim card and noticed some minor charring in between the fold specks.   Replaced the sim, no I'm receiving calls.   Give it a shot!

0 Likes
Stevethepanda

mute button? didn't know there was a specific switch that is so easily done under settings, why the duplication????????

0 Likes
TrsaJmieWlsn

We are also suffering from this issue; my wife and I both have iPhone 5's. Here's the strange thing-I will call my wife and her iPhone won't ring, but then I will text her and she will get it. Another strange thing-my iPhone doesn't seem to have this issue. The only difference between the two phones is that mine is black and her's is white. We actually had Verizon replace her phone with a "new" one, but that did not solve the problem, so it is not necessarily a phone issue unless there is some difference between the white and black phones.

THIS IS A SIGNIFICANT ISSUE AND, ACCORDING TO THE NUMBER OF POSTS ON THE WEB ABOUT IT, HAS BEEN GOING ON FOR A WHILE. VERIZON, I HOPE YOU ARE LISTENING BECAUSE IF YOU CAN'T FIND THE SOURCE OF THE PROBLEM YOU WILL SHOULD REIMBURSE EVERY CUSTOMER WHO HAS THE PROBLEM AND GIVE THEM AN EQUIVALENT SMART PHONE MADE BY SOMEONE ELSE FOR FREE.

I think we are all being too nice. These posts are all over the Verizon Community website, which is hosted by Verizon. Either they don't care to look at what their customers are posting or they don't care about the problem.

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

And this community is a PEER TO PEER customer forum not a direct link to Customer Service.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes