intermittent popup on iphone 5: "Cannot verify server identity" ?
electronicsguy

Hello,

I get this pop-up sometimes on my new iphone 5, though not very often (say once in 2 months).

It doesn't do anything noticeable. I have clicked continue once and cancel before that without any noticeable changes.

the exact server name does change from time to time. It may be cn1iv or ch4iv.

Anyone know what this is about? I have the my verizon app installed for checking usage. Is it somehow related to that?

ps: somehow the verizon forum GUI is not allowing insert image in-line in the chrome browser.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: intermittent popup on iphone 5: "Cannot verify server identity" ?
Flechmo

I just received the error message too.

I've been having problems with connectivity since getting the iphone5. I loved the 4S.

I also captured information but I can't send a picture due to the 2nd error

" user@site.com is Unavailable

This person cannot be reached by iMessage at this time.

OK"

And if I turn off iMessage, I receive another error message saying "cannto send message iMessage needs to be enabled to send this message".

0 Likes
Flechmo

And this is when I am using LTE with 3 bars!

Something has really went wrong in the last year or more with connectivity. Really poor service lately.

I've been with Verizon for almost 20 years and I've never had so many connectivity issues.

I know you employees are working hard at providing the best service possible, but someone on the inside needs to push this up to VP or above level because it seems to be getting worse.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hey there Flechmo,

I am sorry for the issues that you are having with your iPhone 5.  It is a great phone and I want you to have a great experience with it.

This is not a common issue.  I have the iPhone 5 myself and mine seems to be running smoothly.  Let's get yours running on that same level. Try resetting your network settings,http://vz.to/OPvlTr, and test the connection again.

NicholasB_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
vdon

Verizon wireless support  - this a wide spread problem both my neighbor and I are getting this message, cannot verify the identity of 1xsiv.myvzw.com.   additionally are phones loose its date and time and messes up most things on the iphone also we both have different version of iphone.  also the reception in the naples fl area is really bad.  so what's up this does not seem like an iphone issue but a Verizon issue.  my iphone is brand new got it last Friday, and the apple genius ever reinstalled all the software from their network, also I don't have the Verizon app running.  This has gone on for two weeks now.  I was even getting this on my last iphone.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Thanks so much for that information, vdon. I can just imagine how frustrating this error message must be for you and your neighbor. How many email addresses do you have set up on your phone?  Is the phone on WiFi or do you see 3G or 4G listed on the phone? 
Is there a specific area of Naples where you're having problems? Are calls, data and text all affected? 

TamaraH_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
vdon

one email address

why would the phone be on wifi?  I don't see 3 or 4 G - how come it isn't automatically that way?

im in the city of naples vs the greater naples area

<< Post trimmed to remove personal information.  When replying via email, please remove copy of prior email before posting! >>

Message was edited by: Verizon Moderator

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Thanks for the information vdon. Lets work on getting this fixed. Have you tried to remove the email completely and readd it back to your phone? Have you also reset the network settings http://vz.to/OPvlTr ? Please keep us posted.

KinquanaH_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @vzwsupport

0 Likes
vdon

yes both

I'm a technology person, so I automatically trying to fix things myself

<< Post trimmed to remove personal information.  When replying via email, please remove copy of prior email before posting! >>

Message was edited by: Verizon Moderator

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hi Vdon,

Thanks for the details! Are you and your neighbor connected to Wi-fi when this error occurs?

Thanks,
PamelaF_VZW
Tweet us @vzwsupport

0 Likes