iphone 5 not turning on
MandMsmom10

Is anyone else having problems with their phone shutting off and not coming back on?  I'm out of town for a meeting and woke up...phone was on and charged. Woke up a few hours later and phone was off and will not turn back on. I have tried to do a hard reset and even plug it into a different outlet in case it was dead...no luck. This is my only way of communication to my kids and husband. This is probably the fourth time this has happened since I purchased the phone in October 2012. Horrible thought to switch to Verizon and get a phone to bed up disappointed. I know it isn't Verizon's fault, but what can I do?

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: iphone 5 not turning on
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

MandMsmom10,

Troubleshooting is our forte! So let's work out the issues with your iPhone 5. First of all, how long has this been going on? Did you install any new apps on your phone? And which software version are you running?

EvanO_VZW

Follow us on twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
MandMsmom10

This just happens periodically…I have had my phone since November 2012…and I have had to do this hard reset 4 or 5 times. This was the first time it didn’t work within a minute though. I started trying to do the hard reset at 5:15 am and finally got my phone to come on about 10 am. I had not installed any new apps prior to this. I am running iOS 7.0.4.

MandMsmom10

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Thanks for your reply, MandMsmom10! How many times or how often has this happened since you first noticed it? Has the devide been damaged in any way? If this has happened since, does the device show any signs or clues as to when it may happen? If so, can you describe those signs?

DionM_VZW
Follow us on Twitter www.twitter.com/vzwsupport

0 Likes
MandMsmom10

Again:

This has happened 4-5 times since November of 2012 when I bought my brand new iphone 5. The phone has not been damaged in any way. I do not know what has happened. The only thing I have done is the updates that have become available throughout the last 15 months.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Thanks for the info. Make sure to close running applications often http://bit.ly/19PD7E9. Sometimes an app could crash or there can be too many things running and the iPhone shutsdown. Press the Home and Lock buttons for 10 seconds to soft reset if this happens.

MarquiaF_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes