iphone 5s Dropped Calls
rbalian1

I've been using iPhones through Verizon for years with no issues what-so-ever.  I just recently upgraded to the 5s, and now I'm getting dropped calls from my home on just about ever call I make, to include today when I was dropped 5 times in a single conf call with work.  This isn't good as I have to depend upon dependable cell phone reception from my home for work.  My zip is 19335.  Is this an iPhone issue or a Verizon issue???

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: iphone 5s Dropped Calls
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

I appreciate the information provided, rbalian1! We depend on our devices more and more everyday so I completely understand the need of reliable service. Since the issue is just happening indoors, this is not a network issue. Indoor coverage is not guaranteed as the structure of the building can prevent coverage. I have a solution that may work for you! Our Network Extender enhances indoor coverage which will provide you with that reliable service that you need when home. Here is more information: http://vz.to/gwFgVl

Thank you,

LenaA_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

View solution in original post

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We want your experience with such an awesome new phone to be just as great as the past years you've spent with us, rbalian1. I don't see any recent reports of trouble for the 19335 area though. Is the trouble only occuring while you're in your home? Are you using any case with your new iPhone? I'll be looking forward to a few more details so we can help.

Thank you
JenniferH_VZW

Please follow us on Twitter @vzwsupport

0 Likes
TugboatIPU
Enthusiast - Level 2

you may have the same connection power as before.....but with the I5 phone, most of the apps request gps reporting.....this may be using a portion of your signal strenght while the phone is multi tasking.   shut down the gps reporting  on apps while making those important calls.

TugboatIPB

0 Likes
rbalian1

Thanks Jennifer.  I haven't purchased a case for my phone yet, and yes, this only happens at home.  I read another post about cycling my phone every day, which I don't fully understand, but will test it out.  Tugboat (below) mentioned that my apps may be reporting locations during my calls thereby degrading power that would be normally used for signal strength, however I keep location services off, and make sure my apps don't usually update my location.  I did have a few other calls after reporting the issue this morning, but no dropped calls (I was hoping someone actually did something).   Thanks

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

I appreciate the information provided, rbalian1! We depend on our devices more and more everyday so I completely understand the need of reliable service. Since the issue is just happening indoors, this is not a network issue. Indoor coverage is not guaranteed as the structure of the building can prevent coverage. I have a solution that may work for you! Our Network Extender enhances indoor coverage which will provide you with that reliable service that you need when home. Here is more information: http://vz.to/gwFgVl

Thank you,

LenaA_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes