Skip to main content
Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
Have a phone you love? Get up to $500 when you bring your phone.
end of navigation menu
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
iphone 5s from tmobile
karina3

I recently purchased a tmobile Iphone 5s from apple store. it said it was unlocked. so I was wondering can I use it through Verizon even though it is a tmobile phone? are Verizon and tmobile sim cards the same? help please....

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct Answers
Re: iphone 5s from tmobile
Not applicable

The iphone 5 is supposed to be a world phone but, I am not sure it will function with Verizon Wireless regardless of its designation. I have read the T-Mobile and AT&T use GSM and alas Verizon is CDMA so they are not compatible technologies.

I would contact Verizon at 800-922-0204 and ask them. You could even call T-Mobile and ask them as well.

I also understand that what you consider unlocked is for global use and not domestic usage. T-Mobile only unlocks devices for their own customers after 40 days of service so again if you wanted to use verizon you should have just bought one for use on verizon and not T-Mobile. (unless it was a gift to you which you have no control over)

Good Luck

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Re: iphone 5s from tmobile
Not applicable

The iphone 5 is supposed to be a world phone but, I am not sure it will function with Verizon Wireless regardless of its designation. I have read the T-Mobile and AT&T use GSM and alas Verizon is CDMA so they are not compatible technologies.

I would contact Verizon at 800-922-0204 and ask them. You could even call T-Mobile and ask them as well.

I also understand that what you consider unlocked is for global use and not domestic usage. T-Mobile only unlocks devices for their own customers after 40 days of service so again if you wanted to use verizon you should have just bought one for use on verizon and not T-Mobile. (unless it was a gift to you which you have no control over)

Good Luck

0 Likes