iphone 5s insurance
BenH17
Enthusiast - Level 1

My iPhone 5s is water damaged and it will not power on. I have insurance on it so can I get the same phone for no extra charge?

Labels (2)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: iphone 5s insurance
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

BenH17, let's file a claim to get a replacement device as soon as possible for you. I apologize. You will be unable to retrieve an insurance replacement phone at a local store. However, for your convenience, you can call Asurion, the insurance company 888-881-2622 or file your claim online at the link provided below:

http://phoneclaim.com/verizon/?pod=protection&icid=in-vzwprotection&mboxSession=1435428847646-495910...

LasinaH_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

View solution in original post

0 Likes
MiiHere
Champion - Level 3

You will have to pay your deductible which will be anywhere from $99 up.

You can file a claim here:

Cell Phone File Insurance Claim Total Mobile Protection | Verizon Wireless

BenH17
Enthusiast - Level 1

Ive had my phone since April the 26 of last year and I pay so much a month for insurance.

0 Likes
MiiHere
Champion - Level 3

You still have a deductible. It's like car insurance and health insurance, always a deductible. I personally don't ever buy insurance, but that's because I've also only ever needed it once. I'd rather buy a used phone for $200 than spend $264 a year on the possibility that i might need a refurbished phone AND to pay an additional $100+ I can get a used phone for less than all that added up.

BenH17
Enthusiast - Level 1

Yeah I get what youre saying, thank you!

0 Likes
MiiHere
Champion - Level 3

No problem. Keep in mind there is a limit to the number of water damage claims you can file. Or at least there was a year or so ago, so try not to take it swimming again. (:

0 Likes
BenH17
Enthusiast - Level 1

Is it necessary to file a claim or could I just go to the nearest Verizon store and get my new phone?

0 Likes
MiiHere
Champion - Level 3

You have to file a claim. You get sent a refurbished phone and then need to mail your phone back. You'll probably want to get a new battery if your battery is showing water damage also (look at the sticker) typically when you get sent a phone, it doesn't include a battery.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

BenH17, we want you to be fully covered should something happen to your device. This feature will cover it if it is lost, stolen, or damaged. For more information regarding the benefits of having insurance on your device, click the link below:

http://www.verizonwireless.com/support/equipment-protection-overview/?intcmp=SearchBanner:insurance:...

LasinaH_VZW

If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

BenH17, let's file a claim to get a replacement device as soon as possible for you. I apologize. You will be unable to retrieve an insurance replacement phone at a local store. However, for your convenience, you can call Asurion, the insurance company 888-881-2622 or file your claim online at the link provided below:

http://phoneclaim.com/verizon/?pod=protection&icid=in-vzwprotection&mboxSession=1435428847646-495910...

LasinaH_VZW

0 Likes