iphone with no data plan
Pierce69

i called verizon about activating an iphone on my plan and was told that i DID NOT need a data plan that i could activate it with out if just wanted talk and text but when i went to store was told that wasnt true.  who is lying?

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: iphone with no data plan
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Tidbits, thanks for helping us support Pierce69 with information regarding activating a smartphone on our network. A data plan is definitely needed due to the Internet access and multimedia functions of that Smartphone. The MORE Everything plan allows multiple devices to share the data plan allowance. Click http://vz.to/1lwOwRQ to view your plan options.

LasinaH_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Tidbits
Legend

Verizon will not activate a smart phone without a data plan attached.

However if you are on the new shared plans you technically don't add data plans you just add access fees.

I guess it's all about your plan how it is handled.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Tidbits, thanks for helping us support Pierce69 with information regarding activating a smartphone on our network. A data plan is definitely needed due to the Internet access and multimedia functions of that Smartphone. The MORE Everything plan allows multiple devices to share the data plan allowance. Click http://vz.to/1lwOwRQ to view your plan options.

LasinaH_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
Pierce69

when I called in on the 6th of sept and asked if I needed a data plan was told no. cause all I needed it for was talk and text. and I have internet at home and was told that I didn't need to add a data plan.

0 Likes
Tidbits
Legend

You do need one

0 Likes
Pierce69

k thanks for the information its just sucks that Verizon rep lied to me about needing one.:-(

0 Likes
Not applicable

Technically if you are the More Everything plans you don't need to ADD a data plan since it comes with one already. Since the majority of Verizon customers are on this plan it's possible the rep was just confused.

0 Likes
Pierce69

im on a alltel plan that was grandfathered in. way before smartphones caught on.

0 Likes
Not applicable

Pierce69 wrote:

im on a alltel plan that was grandfathered in. way before smartphones caught on.

And most reps wouldn't have a clue as to that plan since very small percentage of customers are on it and it's not in the system.

0 Likes