no service?
tdelfie031

hello,

I currently have an iphone4s and an iphone5.  My iphone5 has a highly fluctuating signal.  One minute i will have three bars the next no signal,it doesn't matter if im holding the phone or its sitting on the table.  The iphone4s does not seem to have this issue. This is my second iphone5 with this problem. Anyone know of a solution? Any help would be appreciated.  iphone

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: no service?
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hi tdelfie031,

Let's get to the bottom of this signal fluctuation! You may be in an are where 4G & 3G are available and your iPhone 5 fluctuates as it connects to the strongest signal. Your iPhone 4S is not 4G capable and it would not experience this signal fluctuation. Please disable 4G on your iPhone 5 http://vz.to/18E2Yvg and test.

AntonioC_VZW
Follow us on Twitter at www.twitter.com/VZWSupport

0 Likes
mesmi001

I'm having the same issues...my phone will save LTE and when I try to use an app it says "no internet connection". I spoke with a representative today and they had me try a soft restart, resetting all settings, and resetting network settings and nothing worked. The woman said no one else was having this problem but obviously she was wrong!

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

I know you're telling the truth about your issues mesmi001 and I would love to continue working on getting this resolved. Where are you located (zipcode)? I would also like to thank you for going through all the steps with our representatives over the phone. Lets check the area for issues and also try this step http://vz.to/1bPJKGX and keep us posted.

KinquanaH_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @vzwsupport

0 Likes
tdelfie031

I Have tried this and I'm still getting no service off and on. I am really getting frustrated!! Verizon always had the best service but not on my iphone5! Any other things to try would be much appreciated..

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

I can understand the frustration. I want to ensure you have a positive experience with your iPhone 5.

What zip code are you located in? Does this happen in various locations?

YosefT_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
tdelfie031

It usually happens at home. It has only been happening for the past two months. My zip code is 02703.

Sent from my iPhone

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Thanks for the additional details today tdelfie031. I did happen to review the zip code and everything does seem to look operational in the area. When it comes to 4G device, fluctuation can occur from time to time, especially indoors. Have you attempted to have the SIM Card replaced on the device? A free SIM can be provided by visiting your local VZW Corporate Store http://bit.ly/3SdsA. Please keep us posted, thanks!

MatthewS_VZW
VZW Support
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSUPPORT

0 Likes