Skip to main content
Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
Get up to $500 when you bring your phone. Plus, get the incredible iPhone 13 Pro on us. Online only. With select 5G Unlimited plans. Ends 12.5. Buy now
end of navigation menu
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
***Announcement: We’re excited to inform you that we will be merging the Fios and Wireless Communities to a unified Verizon Community with a new look and feel throughout. If you are interested in what specifically has changed, please see the New Revamped Community article under the Featured Topics.***
off button not working
MJbearden

I got my iPhone 5c in the mail today.  I activated it and now the sleep/off button is not working.  Can i return it and exchange it for another one or pay extra for the 5s. 

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct Answers
Re: off button not working
vzw_customer_support
Customer Support

MJbearden, I want to make sure you are able to use the device that you are looking to upgrade to. You do have a 14 day worry free guarantee on the device for issues like this. I would recommend on taking the phone and all of the paper work that you received in the mail to a Corporate Store Location: http://bit.ly/3SdsA They should be able to do the replacement for you. Please keep us posted.

KevinR_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

View solution in original post

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Support

This is not what we want to hear MJbearden! We want your phone to perform as intended! Is this a brand you phone that you upgraded to, or a warranty replacement? We can explore options for you.

AntonioC_VZW Follow us on Twitter at www.twitter.com/VZWSupport

0 Likes
MJbearden

This was a phone that I upgraded to

Sent from my iPhone

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Support

Hello MJbearden!

Thanks for the information! As of today, how long have you had the device?

ChristinaB_VZW

0 Likes
MJbearden

I got the phone last Wednesday February 4th

Sent from my iPhone

0 Likes
winterbaby18

It sounds like your still under warranty so I would either get a replacement from VZW or contact Apple.

0 Likes
MJbearden

I've been using my old phone since the new one needs to be replaced

Sent from my iPhone

0 Likes
winterbaby18

I would hope VZW would give you a new one rather than a replacement since you just received it. 

0 Likes
Loquat

If VZW doesn't want to place nice, Apple usually will.  Go there and have it fixed or replaced...

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Support

MJbearden, I want to make sure you are able to use the device that you are looking to upgrade to. You do have a 14 day worry free guarantee on the device for issues like this. I would recommend on taking the phone and all of the paper work that you received in the mail to a Corporate Store Location: http://bit.ly/3SdsA They should be able to do the replacement for you. Please keep us posted.

KevinR_VZW

0 Likes