order date 9/14 but shipping date 9/26?
Agrzybianek

I ordered my 64gb white iphone 5 as soon as the doors opened on 9/14 at my local verizon store. I was told that my phone would be delivered 9/21. My email however says that it will be Delievered BY 9/26 and when i check status online it says that it wil Ship out on 9/26.....which date should i trust to be accurate??? thanks.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: order date 9/14 but shipping date 9/26?
anthonyb861
Contributor - Level 2

Have u gotten a payment taken out to Verizon or tracking number?

0 Likes
runningman45420
Enthusiast - Level 2

If you didn't order your phone between 3:00 AM and 4:00AM on Friday the 14th then it's doubtful you'll receive your device on the 21st. Verizon sold out in the 1st hour. I ordered at 3:45 AM. I received an email from Verizon this morning that supplied me with the Fed Ex tracking number for my phone. It claims that it was shipped "standard overnight" on the 18th which means it should be delivered today but the tracking only shows that it is "in transit" in Memphis, last update was about 2:45 AM

0 Likes
lewisr13
Champion - Level 1

Phones are being held in Memphis(FedEx main hub) for delivery on Friday.

0 Likes
tmo8320
Enthusiast - Level 1

Runningman,

Verizon should hire you to consult for the call centers.

While unpleasant to hear...your answer enjoys the benefits of brevity, clarity, and finality.

"...if you failed to complete a Verizon Wireless order (via online/call center) WITHIN THE FIRST 60 MINUTES of availability you WILL NOT get a handset Friday."

Cheers and thanks again for your willingness to share a response.

0 Likes
JamieFarFromHome
Enthusiast - Level 1

It amazes me that they sold out in the first hour.  I placed my order at about 0310, and the web site was quick and very responsive.  I was expecting it to be like Apple, where it takes 20 or more tries to submit an order, and even then, the back-end systems probably don't ever get it.  Verizon is not doing a particularly good job communicating and addressing delivery expectations, but the actual order process was excellent.

0 Likes
TomCat03
Contributor - Level 3

Agreed. I am on EST and one of the primary reason I ordered it first thing (other than knowing demand would be very high) is that I was fully expecting the VZW website to be very congested and I likely would have to restart the order process a couple times. I have ordered high demand items online from other sites where I reached the order completion / "process order" page and then it locked up and I was not sure if the order went through or had to restart the entire process over again and be in the back of the line. Ordering through VZW website was very smooth without any hitches!

On the communication side of things I have not faced any of that yet and have received a couple notifications since ordering last week. i think a lot of people are just very eager to receive the phone / hoping to receive early and want to received 10 notifications/day about the status of their order. They need to relax and know the process will run it's course and for most, they will receive their phone on Friday if they placed the order within the first hour or so. I think VZW did a decent job of updating the expected delivery date once they reviewed and saw demand did not meet supply. Granted, some that were advised they would receive on 9/21 may get delayed but for the most part I think VZW has been doing everything they can given the high profile and demand of the product.

0 Likes
Marlin66
Enthusiast - Level 1

I ordered on the 14th at 7:00AM online and it went well.  I just checked the tracking number and saw the following;

ravel activity is displayed in local time for the location

Date/Time

Activity

Details

Sep 20, 2012 4:20 PM

Departed FedEx location

MEMPHIS, TN

Sep 20, 2012 5:50 AM

Shipment information sent to FedEx

Sep 20, 2012 2:17 AM

In transit

MEMPHIS, TN

Sep 20, 2012 2:10 AM

At local FedEx facility

MEMPHIS, TN

Sep 19, 2012 1:42 AM

In transit

MEMPHIS, TN

Sep 19, 2012 1:27 AM

At local FedEx facility

MEMPHIS, TN

Sep 18, 2012 9:53 PM

In transit

MEMPHIS, TN

Sep 18, 2012 9:43 PM

At local FedEx facility

MEMPHIS, TN

Sep 18, 2012 8:52 PM

Arrived at FedEx location

MEMPHIS, TN

Sep 18, 2012 8:34 PM

Left FedEx origin facility

MEMPHIS, TN

Sep 18, 2012 5:11 PM

Picked up

MEMPHIS, TN

Future delivery requested

0 Likes
Marlin66
Enthusiast - Level 1

It also stated on time. EST is my time

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Agrzybianek,

Depending on when your iPhone 5 was purchased on 9/14, the delivery date range is between 9/21 and 9/28. Times provided in the shipping schedule are approximate only. Provided below are some examples.

16GB Black ordered on 9/14 by 9am will be delivered by 9/21
16GB White ordered on 9/14 by 1pm will be delivered by 9/26

The best way to get an update on the status of your order is by tracking it on http://www.verizonwireless.com/b2c/orderstatus/OrderStatusForm.

In addition you should also receive a confirmation email with tracking numbers once your device has shipped.

Thank you,

GeorgeP_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes