ordered on 9/15; delivery/ship date pushed back...? why?
myjerry5229

i ordered my iphone 5 16 gig white on september 15th at 12:23 in the morning. I have the scheduled delivery date of october 5 which is next friday. i checked the confirmation and it now says that it will not be delivered by next week my SHIP date has been pushed back to 10/26. This is ridiculous, i have read peoples conversations and they are saying that apple cannot fufill the dates when i see other posts for people that say they are getting shipping info and they ordered after me really makes me mad. I have been a customer for verizon for a while, 12 years,  and i have been tempted to switch over to at&t but i dont want to pay the fees. i decided to give them another try by ordering the iphone 5 through them but this has been nothing but stressful and annoying. is anyone else having these problems?! please let me know!

ACE location is d772001

ship date 10/26/2012 when it used to be a delivery of 10/5

Here is the status of your Pre-order:

We received your order and it is in process. Payment not taken yet.                       
Expected Ship Date:                                                                                                                                        10/26/2012                                                                                                                    

can you please tell me whats wrong? I have called customer services and they told me not to worry you will have you phone by the original delviery date thats hard to believe when my CC hasnt been charged and i havent seen any movement on my account for a while!! i have been patient but ive gotten to the point where im on edge of cancelling not only my order but my service!

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: ordered on 9/15; delivery/ship date pushed back...? why?
kaebfly
Champion - Level 3

To the OP, although none of us can give you a definitive reason as to why your order was pushed back, one of the main issues is the demand versus the supply. Current order dates are showing 3-4 weeks for delivery via Apple at last viewing. In your case, other issues may also exist so you need to contact VZW directly to see if there were any problems (billing issue errors for example). Although it is annoying, it doesn't matter how long you have been a customer with VZW when supply and demand are part of the issue. More people ordered the device than apparently anticipated...and yes, Apple could have made the wait for launch day be a little longer than they did after announcing the iPhone 5 (I personally think that pre-orders should have started 1 month before deliveries would begin...to give a more accurate idea of the supply needed. But I am almost positive people would have complained about this also...even though it would have made things a lot easier for everyone). Now, if the issue with your pre-order is something other than a supply issue then you may have a legit gripe with VZW. But you have to also consider that pre-orders came from many places (Apple, VZW, AT&T, Sprint, Wal-Mart, Best Buy, Sam's Club,,,,any retailer that was authorized to take pre-orders...those I mentioned are places I know for sure did pre-orders...at least in my area). Also, there are additional launch/pre-order dates that Apple set up for other countries. So this is a huge global release with millions trying to get their hands on it...and millions waiting to do so when they become eligible (expect another rush of orders to hit from VZW customers that are iPhone 4 users from the original launch date becoming eligible for upgrade around Oct 6th...that opted NOT to pay full retail or add a  line to order earlier).

Just give VZW a call if you have not yet and have them try to shed some light on what exactly is going on. If necessary, ask to speak to a supervisor. Or go to your local VZW if you want to be able to put a face to the person telling you any info (something I would highly recommend if you anticipate any false or incorrect info)

View solution in original post

0 Likes
kaebfly
Champion - Level 3

I don't think you paid attention to the documentation regarding the insurance plans for the iPhone as they never stated that you get a free replacement. Not for the iPhone 4, 4s, or the 5. There has always been a deductible required (I can't recall the exact prices but I believe it may be $169/$199 depending on the model). There are also different levels of the insurance VZW offers. It is the buyers responsibility to know the terms of the coverage prior to purchasing it. In your case, it appears you did not do this...you assumed one thing but did not actually pay attention to the clearly written terms associated with the coverage. Look at it this way. Let's say you purchased the iPhone 5 at $199 today. You did not decide to add the insurance. A few months later, something happens to your iPhone and you need a replacement. You would have to pay full retail (we all know the other options such as Ebay, Craigslist, adding a line...etc). This would mean $649 out of your pocket to replace the device because you are not yet eligible for a subsidized (read $199) device. So you have paid $848 for 2 iPhones in a short time frame because you had no coverage. If you DID have insurance, you would pay whatever your deductible is for a replacement device (let's say it's $199 because I really can't recall). Yes, you could buy a new iPhone for that price....IF you were eligible for upgrade. But...you're not so you have to forget that $199 price. It does not exist for you. So with the insurance coverage you got a deal...you got to replace your device...yes for the amount you could get a new one if you were eligible for an upgrade...but for far less than the full retail price you would be required to pay while you're NOT eligible. No fraud there. There are other insurance options out there...(AppleCare+ for example) but you would need to read the terms for those also, see which offers the best value for what you need. If you're concerned about lost or stolen devices then you need to make sure the one you choose covers that. Accidental damage? Check the terms. Don't look just at the deductible...as you may get a cheaper deductible but not the coverage you thought you were getting. Be an informed consumer...and take responsibility for making sure YOU know what you are spending your money on instead of waiting until it't too late and them blaming others for not telling you what you should have educated yourself on first. If you value where and how your money is spent you will take the time to make sure all of your questions and concerns are answered BEFORE you spend your money. It's really that simple.

0 Likes
kaebfly
Champion - Level 3

To the OP, although none of us can give you a definitive reason as to why your order was pushed back, one of the main issues is the demand versus the supply. Current order dates are showing 3-4 weeks for delivery via Apple at last viewing. In your case, other issues may also exist so you need to contact VZW directly to see if there were any problems (billing issue errors for example). Although it is annoying, it doesn't matter how long you have been a customer with VZW when supply and demand are part of the issue. More people ordered the device than apparently anticipated...and yes, Apple could have made the wait for launch day be a little longer than they did after announcing the iPhone 5 (I personally think that pre-orders should have started 1 month before deliveries would begin...to give a more accurate idea of the supply needed. But I am almost positive people would have complained about this also...even though it would have made things a lot easier for everyone). Now, if the issue with your pre-order is something other than a supply issue then you may have a legit gripe with VZW. But you have to also consider that pre-orders came from many places (Apple, VZW, AT&T, Sprint, Wal-Mart, Best Buy, Sam's Club,,,,any retailer that was authorized to take pre-orders...those I mentioned are places I know for sure did pre-orders...at least in my area). Also, there are additional launch/pre-order dates that Apple set up for other countries. So this is a huge global release with millions trying to get their hands on it...and millions waiting to do so when they become eligible (expect another rush of orders to hit from VZW customers that are iPhone 4 users from the original launch date becoming eligible for upgrade around Oct 6th...that opted NOT to pay full retail or add a  line to order earlier).

Just give VZW a call if you have not yet and have them try to shed some light on what exactly is going on. If necessary, ask to speak to a supervisor. Or go to your local VZW if you want to be able to put a face to the person telling you any info (something I would highly recommend if you anticipate any false or incorrect info)

0 Likes
myjerry5229

kaebfly--

I really appreciate your answer. I understand the supply and demand thing completely but someone recently told me about these blogs and what not so i decided to check it out! As soon as I searched iPhone 5 a bunch popped up. When I clicked on one there were people saying they ordered on the 17 and 18 of september and their delivery dates were after mine. I was confused as to how theirs would ship first since this type of situation is first come first serve. I know it may have a lot to do with where I live to credit info and such but that really irked me. I called CS and they guaranteed me a delivery of the 5th, which is this upcoming Friday. They claimed when my order was sent for processing the status updated to the date as if I had ordered it just then, so they said there was a glitch in their system on their part. Im still nervous just because I haven't received charged on my CC or anything but I will just hold me breath and have to see what happens this week!! If not I may use this as a sign to go ahead and cancel and switch services.

0 Likes
iPhoneNerd
Contributor - Level 1

kindly update us on your shipment, have you received it?

0 Likes
flurpo
Enthusiast - Level 2

Ouch...well you are not alone...I pre-ordered mine on 9/14 within 12 hours of the opening. I went from getting a notice that the shipment had been delayed to 9/26.. to getting a notice that mine phone would be delivered on Oct. 5th..to getting another notice on the evening of Oct. 5th that my delivery wasn't gonna happen. They even promised to send me a delivery date, its the morning of Oct. 6th and I've seen nothing. No notice, no shipment date....nothing. I'm constantly making sure someone is around to receive the phone. What a mess. Does anyone anywhere know whats going on? This situation is just getting bizarre and borderline abusive...Maybe I should be glad that I no longer have any notice or delivery date. I'm not sure I'd believe it.