problems setting up voice mail
solutist

Since activating my Verizon iPhone 5 I've tried repeatedly to setup voice mail but each time after entering and confirming a password the process hangs showing a spinning icon and the message 'saving password.' The hanging continues without timing out. This occurs whether I choose default or custom (recorded message), following a variety of passwords and over both cellular and wi-fi networks over 3 consecutive days. Anyone else experiencing this issue and/or have any suggestions? Thanks.

Labels (1)
Tags (1)
0 Likes
Re: problems setting up voice mail
shorkw4

I have been getting the same issue since last week. Have you found out anything?

Thanks

0 Likes
solutist

interesting and no, still no suggestions and have yet to find others discussing the issue more widely...

0 Likes
percepshun

has anyone found an answer to this problem yet???  It's killing me.

0 Likes
HangGlider

Had the same problem - until I turned on Cellular Data. I had been trying to make it work over WiFi - but apparently that doesn't cut it.

0 Likes
solutist

Thanks HangGlider - I'm currently residing on an island where I cannot get cellular data so it will be next week before I can try that fix but fingers crossed it will work then. Still not happy it will not work via wi-fi though.

0 Likes
shorkw4

I fixed my issue with the voicemail. I had started putting together that I couldn't connect to the email outside my wifi area around the same time I had issues with the voicemail. HangGlider's response encouraged me in thinking they were related.

My cellular data was turned on already, but I restarted my phone and whatever bug worked itself out. I have now updated my custom voicemail greeting.

Solutist, hope you find your answer soon.

0 Likes
solutist

Thanks - appreciate that additional info and will report back when I have a chance to try this.

0 Likes
khersey
Enthusiast - Level 1

I just had this issue and I fixed it in no time by dialing *86, it prompts you to setup your voicemail. Quick and easy.

Vdede626
Contributor - Level 1

Thanks that worked....

0 Likes