Skip to main content
Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
Get up to $500 when you bring your phone. Plus, get the incredible iPhone 13 Pro on us. Online only. With select 5G Unlimited plans. Ends 12.5. Buy now
end of navigation menu
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
***Announcement: We’re excited to inform you that we will be merging the Fios and Wireless Communities to a unified Verizon Community with a new look and feel throughout. If you are interested in what specifically has changed, please see the New Revamped Community article under the Featured Topics.***
problems setting up voice mail
solutist

Since activating my Verizon iPhone 5 I've tried repeatedly to setup voice mail but each time after entering and confirming a password the process hangs showing a spinning icon and the message 'saving password.' The hanging continues without timing out. This occurs whether I choose default or custom (recorded message), following a variety of passwords and over both cellular and wi-fi networks over 3 consecutive days. Anyone else experiencing this issue and/or have any suggestions? Thanks.

Labels (1)
Tags (1)
0 Likes
Re: problems setting up voice mail
shorkw4

I have been getting the same issue since last week. Have you found out anything?

Thanks

0 Likes
solutist

interesting and no, still no suggestions and have yet to find others discussing the issue more widely...

0 Likes
percepshun

has anyone found an answer to this problem yet???  It's killing me.

0 Likes
HangGlider

Had the same problem - until I turned on Cellular Data. I had been trying to make it work over WiFi - but apparently that doesn't cut it.

0 Likes
solutist

Thanks HangGlider - I'm currently residing on an island where I cannot get cellular data so it will be next week before I can try that fix but fingers crossed it will work then. Still not happy it will not work via wi-fi though.

0 Likes
shorkw4

I fixed my issue with the voicemail. I had started putting together that I couldn't connect to the email outside my wifi area around the same time I had issues with the voicemail. HangGlider's response encouraged me in thinking they were related.

My cellular data was turned on already, but I restarted my phone and whatever bug worked itself out. I have now updated my custom voicemail greeting.

Solutist, hope you find your answer soon.

0 Likes
solutist

Thanks - appreciate that additional info and will report back when I have a chance to try this.

0 Likes
khersey

I just had this issue and I fixed it in no time by dialing *86, it prompts you to setup your voicemail. Quick and easy.

Vdede626
Novice

Thanks that worked....

0 Likes