purchase of unlocked iPhone 5 without sim card
lpap2676

If I recently purchased an unlocked iphone 5 32gb without a sim card, am I able to take it to Verizon and activate it on my line and keep my current phone number?  Will I have to purchase a sim card?

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: purchase of unlocked iPhone 5 without sim card
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

Was it the model for Verizon or a GSM unlocked one?

Your plan will work IF it is the model for Verizon.  The SIM card is free at a corporate store.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
lpap2676

Information says Verizon.   And I'll be able to keep my current number then?

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Ipapa2676,

Thank you for reaching out. We can certainly assist you. If the iPhone is a Verizon Wireless branded iPhone then you should have no issues with activation. You will first need to get a 4G sim card for the device, which can be done over the phone or at a corporate Verizon store as Ann154 mentioned. Also since you did not purchase the device direct, you will want to have it checked to make sure it does not show up on any negative listing for lost/stolen. If all checks out then you should have no issues activating the device on your line and keeping your current number http://vz.to/13VW9Ie. Let us know if we could be of anymore assistance.

Thank you,

TonyG
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes