swapping numbers between iPhone 5 and iPhone 5s
sjlee

I am considering buying an iPhone 5s when it becomes available and then swapping numbers between it and the other iPhone 5 I have. I'm quite comfortable with resetting the phones and restoring from the iCloud back-up, etc. So I figure I should be able to do this myself by simply swapping the sim cards and resetting the phones. And I did something like this with AT&T phones a couple of years ago when I was with them.

Is this pretty much what it takes with Verizon too? I think the sim cards should be compatible between iPhone 5 and iPhone 5s? Do I need to visit the Verizon store to do this? Thanks!

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: swapping numbers between iPhone 5 and iPhone 5s
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hi there sjlee!

I'm super excited that you're going to get the new iPhone 5s! It's definitely a very spiffy phone. I double checked the sim card sizes and the iPhone 5 and 5s will both use the same sim card. The steps you listed would be exactly what you need to do!

If you have any questions on removing the sim card, here's how: http://vz.to/12TpuwG

Thanks!

MelissaM_VZW
Please follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
sjlee

Thanks Melissa. Had one follow-up question on it.

There also seems to be the "Activate and Switch Device" menu that's available from the MyVerizon option on the web site. Is that another way of doing this (without switching the sim cards)? What does that do, and how does it work? Thanks!

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Great question, sjlee! You sure can! That is actually the way to do it. When you activate it through, "Activate and Switch Device", you can then exchange the sim cards.

Let us know if you have further questions or concerns.

Thank you,

LenaA_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes