Skip to main content
Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
Have a phone you love? Get up to $500 when you bring your phone.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
talk and surf?
dive500

Having trouble talking and surfing web at the same time - iphone 5.  Is there a setting I need to change??

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: talk and surf?
Not applicable

you can't do that with the iPhone5 on Verizon

Tidbits
Sr. Leader

As Brian said. Apple didn't include an extra antenna for it to work that way on Verizon or Sprint. The only way you can is to use wifi.

0 Likes
lholton

Its not the antenna that allow you to talk and surf, its the network.  Only Cellular provider that you have those capabilities is AT&T.  Sprint and Verizon have the same setup

0 Likes
rcschnoor
Sr. Leader
Sr. Leader

It IS the antenna. 4G android phones can talk and surf at the same time, so it isn't the Verizon setup which prevents it. It is the way the Iphone 5 is configured.

Ann154
Expert
Expert

lholton wrote:

Its not the antenna that allow you to talk and surf, its the network.  Only Cellular provider that you have those capabilities is AT&T.  Sprint and Verizon have the same setup

Every single android 4G LTE smartphone on the Verizon Wireless network can talk and surf the web while on the 4G LTE network. Some even allowed talk and surf while on the 3G network because of the radio configuration. The iphone 5 is missing hardware to allow for talk and surf on the Verizon Wireless network and THAT was Apple's decision.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
jondal
Novice

I agree with Ann if apple wanted the 5 to take while on the Internet they would have made it that way. But me I'm really upset the 5 can't do that but o well

0 Likes