Skip to main content
Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
Have a phone you love? Get up to $500 when you bring your phone.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
upgrading, but keeping unlimited data
jpwynn123

Okay, I really hope someone can help me here...

So I currently have the iPhone 4, but am eligible for an upgrade.  I want the iPhone 5, but the people at the store told me that when I upgrade that I would loose my unlimited data plan.  Is there any way that I can upgrade without losing the unlimited data?

Thanks in advance for the help!

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: upgrading, but keeping unlimited data
rcschnoor
Sr. Leader
Sr. Leader

You can do so by paying full retail for the iPhone 5, i.e. by not accepting a discount on the phone in exchange for signing a new 2yr contract.

0 Likes
Ann154
MVP MVP
MVP

You can keep your unlimited data plan if you purchase the phone at full retail price.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
jpwynn123

So if I just buy the iPhone 5 outright, I just go to the store to get it transferred or can I do it online?

0 Likes
rcschnoor
Sr. Leader
Sr. Leader

You can try it online. The automated system may or may not let you do so. You would be able to do so in a Verizon store, but you may not be able to do so in a 3rd party retailer, such as Best Buy, Radio Shack or a Verizon Store which is NOT a corporate store.

0 Likes
jpwynn123

Okay, sounds good.  Thanks you so much for your help!

0 Likes
alectoris

Or, if you had an additional basic phone line eligible for upgrade, you could upgrade that line to a smartphone and add a tiered data plan, but activate the new smartphone on your current line. You would then in turn drop the tiered data package off your plan. Bingo! Upgraded smart phone at a discounted price while maintaining your unlimited data package.  Piece of cake...or at least that is what I was told.  

0 Likes