upgrading to iphone 5
amspranger
Enthusiast - Level 1

okay... so i understand the non-early upgrade policy. 

what i'm wondering is how much will the upgrade to 5 cost?  i'm currently an iphone 4 user and wasn't sure if i'd be able to upgrade with a new 2 year contract at the price points that apple advertised?  or would i have to pay full price for the new phone?

Labels (1)
Re: upgrading to iphone 5
scottral

Also, can will it be offered off contract, can you buy it outright.

0 Likes
sadeyez

i am ready for a upgrade on 1 of my lines and would like to see how much it would cost

0 Likes
rcschnoor
Legend

amspranger wrote:

okay... so i understand the non-early upgrade policy. 

what i'm wondering is how much will the upgrade to 5 cost?  i'm currently an iphone 4 user and wasn't sure if i'd be able to upgrade with a new 2 year contract at the price points that apple advertised?  or would i have to pay full price for the new phone?

If you are eligible for an upgrade at a subsidized rate, yes you would be able to get it for that price. Otherwise you would have to pay full retail, which would most likely be $599, $699 or $799 for the 16GB, 32GB and 64GB versions.

0 Likes
rcschnoor
Legend

Subsidized upgrades are listed as $199, $299 and $399 for the 16GB, 32GB and 64GB versions.

0 Likes
amspranger
Enthusiast - Level 1

how do we know if we are eligible for a subsidized renewal?  that is what i'm hoping for.  My contract is up on October 7, 2012. 

0 Likes
Limpski

So if "$599, $699 or $799 for the 16GB, 32GB and 64GB versions" is retail how much would it be with a 2yr contract no upgrade just a normal 2yr contract

0 Likes
rcschnoor
Legend

Just read this thread.

0 Likes
scottral

I just got off the phone with VZ and the CSR said that I am good to go with my upgrade, She said my plan had the data built into it and it was not a add on. I dident ask to many questions as i thought it was a mistake and dident want them to see it. I went to the site and tried to update and it did let me, i canceled it as i am gong to pre order  on friday. starting at 3am. My unlimited data is safe, Must be some built in plan left over from VZ buying Alltel.

0 Likes