Skip to main content
Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
Get up to $500 when you bring your phone. Plus, waived smartphone activation fee when you buy online. Limited time offer.
end of navigation menu
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
using a Verizon Lte phone in Europe with local SIM
REX13

I have a Verizon iPhone 4S and travel to France frequently. I am able to use my phone with a local French SIM, and it works fine. I am planning to get an iPhone 6, which will be 4G Lte. Will I be able to use that phone in France the same way I can use my 4S, which uses a micro sim card?

Labels (1)
1 Solution

Correct Answers
Re: using a Verizon Lte phone in Europe with local SIM
ASA12

Yes you will able to. All 4G phone these days are coming out of the box unlocked.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
ASA12

Yes you will able to. All 4G phone these days are coming out of the box unlocked.

0 Likes
REX13

Thank you, but that isn't what I'm asking. I know it will be unlocked. As I said, I have an iPhone 4S, which I use in France. I am not familiar, having never used it, with 4G Lte technology, and what I was wondering was whether the Verizon iPhone 6, with that technology, will be able to use a local SIM in France. Do they make those phones, Verizon LTE, with two radios, LTE and GSM? Is it a GSM SIM that one would use in France, or is there only one SIM, which could be temporarily replaced with a local SIM?

Thanks again for your answer.

0 Likes
ASA12

Yes, you will be able to use the iphone 6 with local GSM sims. 

0 Likes
ASA12

4g will be dependent on if the carrier has 4g or not

0 Likes
REX13

I guess I'm not communicating. I understand that, but I just want to know if I will be able to purchase a local SIM to use in one of those Verizon phones, i.e. the Verizon iPhone 6, assuming the 6 has basically the same sim arrangement as the 5S.

I don't care if it is 3G or 4G when I'm there. I just want to know if it is possible to use a local SIM in one of those phones in France, as I now can with my iPhone 4S.

thanks

0 Likes
Not applicable

How many times do you have to be told?

Yes it works right out of the box.

http://www.apple.com

The phone is not even made yet!

1-800-922-0204 or *611 from customer service can advise you.

International Support - Verizon Wireless

Good Luck